Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

This year turbo tax didn’t ask about my healthcare insurance any idea why?

I filed my taxes early February. Waited weeks while they told me it was processing. Finally got a letter from the IRS saying they needed my 1095A and 8962. Mailed the forms out two weeks ago...how long can I expect to wait for my tax return from here ? This was my first year having marketplace insurance so when turbo tax didn’t prompt me  for anything else I thought I was all set 

You do not amend your taxes. You have to send the 1095A and form 8962 in the mail and that’s it. In my case though I had to go to H&R Block and pay them $100 to help me fill it out and print it since I’ve never had marketplace insurance before . I had no idea what I was doing

Thank you !!!

So over a month of waiting after sending out the forms ! Happy you finally got it! Impatiently waiting on mine with this crazy paranoia that they aren’t going to get the forms and they are going to get lost In the mail 🤦🏼‍♀️

What is the fax number ? I mailed mine

I am still going back and forth with these thieves regarding my refund. Their arrogance is disgusting. They are still blaming the customers for this. Not one apology. They said we should have known to search for this on our own. I hate this company. My two older sons were going to use TurboTax but I stopped them and directed them to use FreeTaxUSA instead and it was actually FREE.

[removed]

Beware: If you have a 1095A and TurboTax doesn't do an 8962 you'll get a letter a month later from the IRS saying you need it, and then you'll get your return two months after they receive it (at least that's what they said, in all honesty I have no idea when I'm getting my refund.) In the meantime Turbotax will decide they're entitled to auto-debit from your checking account because they want their money even though they screwed up your refund. Just had to go a round with customer service about this.

If you already mail the form to irs DO NOT! DO NOT fax them the forms. If you do it will take way long.

Same thing happened to me, so on feb 25 I fax my form Saturday which was 3/28/2020 they finally update the app, so now it show approve and will be sent direct deposit on April 1st 2020. I had to wait about one month and almost 1 week, Be patient. Also if you didn't file the form correctly they going to fix it and if you owed money they'll decrease the amount or increase it. Also when you checking your refunds use the same original amount. 

Be patient, here's my story:

Same thing happened to me, so on feb 25 I fax my form Saturday which was 3/28/2020 they finally update the app, so now it show approve and will be sent direct deposit on April 1st 2020. I had to wait about one month and almost 1 week, Be patient. Also if you didn't file the form correctly they going to fix it and if you owed money they'll decrease the amount or increase it. Also when you checking your refunds use the same original amount. 

AGREE!!!

Dina12

I thought I was the only one and in all of this Covid madness I am just getting to the document and now turbo tax is still taking the money from me for the live service that I didn’t even use. 

Just a scam, I’ll just go to a real advisor from here on this is infuriating as I didn’t even receive the form discussed in the IRS document.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for payment of TurboTax fees when the refund is delayed - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/charges-and-fees/help/why-was-my-bank-account-auto-debited-for-tur...

I don't see where to scroll down to 8962. How do I print those pages? Thanks

@Bennett David 19474 wrote:

I don't see where to scroll down to 8962. How do I print those pages? Thanks

See this TurboTax support FAQ - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/health-care/help/the-irs-is-requesting-form-8962/01/27409

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies