Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

LotusxPerez
Returning Member

This year turbo tax didn’t ask about my healthcare insurance any idea why?

I called and they said they can’t tell me whether or not they received my information. 

@KaileiMarie33 

You do not need to amend to get the form you need from the program ... and the IRS doesn't want a 1040X ... they only ask for the 1095-A & the 8962 to be sent to them. Read your notice carefully.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for the Form 8962 and Form 1095-A as requested by the IRS for 2019 - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/health-care/help/the-irs-is-requesting-form-8962/01/27409

To all those delayed for any reason ... when the emails come from TT about the fees that were to be withheld READ the email carefully ... instructions on how to delay the debiting of your account is clearly in the instructions given ... do not ignore them if you want the payment delayed.  

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

If the IRS is requesting a Form 8962, do not amend your return.  You will need to revisit your return to add your 1095-A information.  This will generate a Form 8962, which you will print and mail to the IRS.  Refer to the following TurboTax FAQ for step-by-step instructions:  The IRS is requesting Form 8962 for 2019 - Community

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I FILED 2019 WITH TURBO DELUX, THE IRS SAID IT WAS INCOMPLETE BECAUSE OF THE 1095A WASNT FILED AND ASKED IF I USED TURBO TAX BECAUSE "THIS HAPPENED TO A LOT OF PEOPLE". I WAS NEVER ASKED TO SUBMIT THE INFORMATION WHEN FILING. I CONTACTED THEM AND THEY SAID THEY "THOUGHT IT WASNT A LAW". I ASKED FOR MY MONEY BACK SINCE THEY FILED MY TAXES INCOMPLETE" THEY SAID THERE IS NOTHING THEY CAN DO. I PAID FOR A SERVICE AND THEY DROPPED THE BALL AND WILL NOT REFUND ME. THEY WILL STEAL FROM YOU! NEVER USING THEM AGAIN. TELL YOUR FREINDS

3 years ago taxes thru turbo tax and the mess took until July I believe. No one on the phone could answer my question at IRS. Same this year with this mess. I expect it to be a lot worse because of the pandemic and rhe government mailing checks out (supposedly) We probably won't see it for a long time. Done with Turbo after 9 years!

My taxes were messed up before and I believe it was July before I finally got my check this year with the pandemic checks they're sending out it's probably going to be longer than that and no one on the phone at IRS or anywhere can help answer anyting

If you look back on page 1 of this thread, on February 9th, I posted about TT not asking if I received a 1095a. JUST YESTERDAY I got my request for more info from the IRS. That's a month and half I've been waiting, and my return isn't even processed. 

I love this line from the IRS letter. "If you didn't file your tax return electronically... please consider this in the future. The e-file program WILL GUIDE YOU THROUGH THE STEPS of completing your tax return (my emphasis)..." Oh yeah. Guided me right through the steps TT did. Thanks TT. 

Oh, it gets BETTER! I've decided to ask TT for a refund. I find the applicable page, and it asks for my order #. I CUT AND PASTE the order # from my receipt email, and am told "order number is not in the correct format." It's the format you sent to me, TT! I pasted as plain text. Nope. Typed in by hand? Nope. What a joke. 

Filed online with TT deluxe 1/22/2020 accepted 1/27/2020. IRS letter LTR 12C 2/12/2020 recieved. Mailed 1095-A and 8962 back to IRS 2/17/2020. Checked where's my refund app everyday and today 3/21/2020 good news! Refund approved with an increase of $44 . Not sent yet but estimated direct deposit date of 3/30/2020.                  YES. Tax refund is in my bank today 3/25/2020. 😄🍺

@brhythm 

If you used the ONLINE program then the online refund process will not work for you ... that is only for the Downloaded version ...  

Use this website to contact TurboTax support for this situation:

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

I'm in the same situation....thanks Turbo Tax.....you won't see me again next year.  

13 steps to get help filing out the 8962 to send in. 

I was told you didn’t need to mail it in... just the amended papers? Wow I’ll never use TT again!

PLEASE FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE IRS AGAINST INTUIT dba TURBOTAX, 2700 Coast Ave., Mountain View, CA 94043.  The form to use is:  IRS 14157.  TurboTax charged me for filing, despite my low income; they did not file the form required for health care credits - AND the Marketplace says if you did not file that form you are ineligible (forever) from receiving health care credits in the future.  Do not lay down and be treated this way! File the complaint with the IRS.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies