Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

This year turbo tax didn’t ask about my healthcare insurance any idea why?

I feel it was intentionally difficult to maneuver. Of course it's been fixed now!!! The 8962 wasn't easy for the average person. 

This has caused me to have major financial problems and stress. God only knows when I'll ever receive my refund. Hell, i

If I entered all my info myself for FREE, I would agree, I paid turbo tax NOT FREE!, AND FURTHERMORE if they corrected the mistake then it was THEIR mistake, WE ARE SUFFERING NOT THEM!

If you had TurboTax take money out of your taxes to pay for their services and then had issues with the 1095-a they are now deducting the cost straight from your bank account. We have been faithful TurboTax users for years but will no longer use their services. 

Jechjech2

• And they are *requiring you to purchase $170 more in their product in order to amend your taxes!  Even though you can decline it they won't let you amend without purchasing $170 more! Ridiculous! I tried at least 20 times to decline and it would not let me add the form 1095a.

@Jechjech2 wrote:
  • And they are *requiring you to purchase $170 more in their product in order to amend your taxes!  Even though you can decline it they won't let you amend without purchasing $170 more! Ridiculous! I tried at least 20 times to decline and it would not let me add the form 1095a.

What?? You do NOT have to amend the tax return for a Form 8962.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for the Form 8962 and Form 1095-A as requested by the IRS for 2019 - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/health-care/help/the-irs-is-requesting-form-8962/01/27409

Additionally, even if you had to amend the 2019 tax return and you originally filed using the Free online edition you would only need to upgrade to the Deluxe online edition at $60 - https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/online/

I will NEVER use TT again!!!

You don’t have to amend. The IRS let us just fax in the 1095.

These nasty crooks refused to issue a refund even though I submitted the complaint via BBB. They have the audacity to say that all I had to do was search through the help section. I will never, ever again use them nor my entire family. They have proved to me that greed is their foundation above honoring customer service . Brian Kaylor, the president, sent me a pdf document with their unapologetic response stating that the 1095-A is found in the help section and Turbotax is a try before you buy service so their 60 day refund policy does not apply. I paid them $110 for garbage. My refund was delayed by almost a month.

@lincas210 I still haven't gotten my return. I sent everything on the 24th of Feb when I got my letter.

@mfknnichy483It took about three weeks to receive my refund from the day I faxed in my 1095-A to the IRS. Have you tried calling them for an update? When I called they were not very helpful but maybe they can give you some information.

Same here. We sent our forms in with the letter via fax and still haven’t received our refund or any further information. Sent it Feb 28th.  This is ridiculous and then TurboTax had the nerve to send an email yesterday saying they will be deducting $110 out of our bank account on April 10th for the tax service. I haven’t received any refund because of them and they think they’re gonna take money from me?!  I will be calling them and also contacting the BBB if they are seriously thinking of deducting my account right now. They said they noticed our return has been reduced or delayed so they will be taking the money from our account instead of waiting for the refund. Never will use this pathetic TT again

I fax mine on Feb 25th still haven't receive my refund yet. And now my job only give me one day of the week to work, I'm a single dad school is close for 2 weeks I have a 5 year old and a 4 year old. I thought my tax refunds could've help me but not the case.

Turbox tax thank you for three years of service but I cant risk my family again. I cant be angry neither cry, all i can say is that's life. 

DavidD66
Expert Alumni

TurboTax has no information and no control over your tax return.  For the status of your return, use the IRS where's my refund tool on their website:  Where's My Refund?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

SAME!!!!! I won’t be surprised when a lawsuit is filed against them tbh. They failed beyond miserably! Oh absolutely do you need the info from the 1095A however it’s only to fill out the 8962!! And NEVER AND NOWHERE did turbo tax even ASK about health insurance! I truly don’t care that it’s no longer a requirement for many many people used Healthcare.gov and literally anyone who had a 1095A and used TT is screwed! Sitting on an addition 9 weeks if not more wait because of their **bleep** up. Not our own. I even got a email requesting payment since they haven’t gotten to   it from my return. Well I don’t have a return yet because you’re system failed!! And. Can’t even amend, because it’s not an option! So thanks Turbo Tax I will be sure to take this all the way!! 

Probably answered but it was recommended to not amend and to send in. Same boat 😭

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies