Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

This year turbo tax didn’t ask about my healthcare insurance any idea why?

Do not make a amended return if the IRS is requesting the additional information. Wait until they send the letter and fax over the information they are asking for.  If you amended you will need to mail it and it will take another 6 to 12 weeks before you seen your refund.  I made that mistake last your for 2018. This time I faxed the information IRS asked for again and it took another 21 days to get my refund instead of 12 weeks. 

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Here is how to get the form 8962 filled out. Please note: You are NOT going to amend your return and you are NOT going to add a state return. These directions are quirky but will get the job done.

1.  Log into your return
  2. Select that you want to add a state - this lets you into the program without the amend process starting.
  3. In the top right corner, locate the Magnifying glass/search  
  4. enter the exact words 1095a
  5. Select the first entry Jump to 1095a
  6. Fill in the 1095a information
  7. Print and mail the 8962

The IRS may adjust your refund once they receive your form 8962. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Has anyone requested a refund of the fees TT is charging us? 

Update: Got my email confirmation. Now waiting for to appear in my bank.                          I was charged $40 for Florida tax return when N/A and talked to TT person. They agreed to credit my bankcard I used to pay with. I'm waiting for email confirmation now. Anyone know how long it takes for a confirmation email from TT?

@rkitts71 don't amend. The letter the IRS is going to send you specifically tell you "do not amend."You will have to wait for the letter because you will have to send a copy of your 1095A form and a copy of the letter. The letter will give instructions and the best thing is you can fax it back, you don't have to mail it. 

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

The e-mail should be sent out by the agent who handled your request when he or she processed the reversal. If you had paid the $40 the same day you requested it to be refunded, the debit couldn't be reversed until the next day.

So, you should get an e-mail within a couple of days of your contact with the agent. Please bear in mind that the e-mail is sent by the agent, it is not automatically generated. It is possible that an agent might not send the e-mail, but that is not standard procedure.

The reversal on your credit card might not appear until three weeks after the reversal is put in by TurboTax. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@Peapod I did, I submitted a complaint with the BBB and requested a full refund of the $110 I paid them.

Guess What!     Because of this TT change up.    It also affected my GF’s Tax Return.    But they are Now Doing Audits!      She is being Audited because it was her 1st year having Obama care and did not know about the 1095-a.     She surprisingly said TT tax never even asked her about Heath care this year so she did not know any wiser about it....  no Prompt this time around.    but we are all suppose to trust TT when they say “We have you Covered”.      And “You’re Taxes look Good”.       Well now she has to wait Another 12-16 weeks for her Return.       Wow!     This is unreal.

Yep, TT didn’t ask anyone this year about their health care. I’ve had the Obamacare for years and have used TT since before Obamacare and never had any issues. They usually ask you specifically in a section for health insurance if you had coverage all year. Then it asks if anyone used Obamacare. If not, you can continue without inputting info, if so, you i yet the info from the 1095a and keep going. Never had any issues at all and this year they decided to keep it completely off and apparently expect users to just know that they need to go through hoops on their website to find the dang forms to complete. They completely failed everyone with Obamacare and screwed us up with our refunds. The only thing people who work for TT do when they respond to this thread is tell you how to go through all the mess to find it on their site and fill it out. No one says sorry for making you wait 6-8 weeks longer (if not more than that) to get your refund that you clearly were needing. Seriously think this is it for me and TT. I don’t trust them anymore. 

Why did TurboTax make it so we as users have to know to go through the website to look for these forms to fill out, when they usually take us through the process like everything else? I am told I have to wait 6-8 weeks now before getting my refund even though I had the forms but TT never asked for it? Is TT doing anything to assist customers with this issue other than saying how to find the forms on the website (which I decided to bypass completely and went directly to irs website to get them this time).

OK You win as biggest loser so far from what I recall.

I hope Intuit at least took you out to dinner, because you got F'd. In the A.

Nope, you must fax letter they send you along with 1095A. So wait for letter, send it along with form and then wait for refund. Blah, 😒 

I sent in a request to TT for a refund of my fee but haven’t heard back yet. That was over a week ago 

I faxed in my forms February 18, 2020 and received a direct deposit date for March 04 which is tomorrow. I am in shock. It seems they are processing them quicker than the time frame they gave us. Now to get that refund from Turbotax is a different story. I will pursue them until I get back every penny.

That's awesome, congratulations to you!! 🙂

I figured I would update, my transcripts are finally viewable and my 846 gives me a date of 3/9 so I switched from being a weekly to a daily this year. I faxed my stuff over on the 20th, as well!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies