Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

This year turbo tax didn’t ask about my healthcare insurance any idea why?

How long did it take for the where’s my refund tool to update with your date after faxing the documents?

I appreciate this update.  We filed on Feb. 13th and haven't received our IRS letter yet, but on the Where's My Refund web site the progress bar went away and it just says "return is still processing"  Hopefully this means our letter is on the way... Hate this waiting

Ughhhhh I faxed mine February 15th and still says processing. I did call last week to verify that my fax was received but got no other information other than its being processed, please wait 8-10 weeks before calling back.

I live that my summer tuition was due today, filed 1/29, got my letter and faxed my 8962 2/14, still no ddd and still processing on WMR. I have ALWAYS had my refund the last week of February but thanks to TT completely f*cking me over my classes are now full and I will not be accepted for summer classes. No words can describe how furious I am right now. 

No prompt for 

Agree, no prompt for the 1095-a  / premium tax credit is unbelievable, and it will lead to a lot of filing errors. Given the minutia covered by their prompts, leaving this one out is beyond me. And then they have the nerve to ask for $24.95 to efile a state return. Every year I swear I'm going to switch to HRBlock, next year for sure.

Actually TT did have a Healthcare tab back in January, then it disappeared on an update, now you have to go to deductions, then medical and there is a line item there to click if you have a 1095A.  I can understand since there is no penalty anymore, but what I can't understanding is TT NOT asking people if they have a 1095A, that information is crucial to your tax return - to match up the subsidy, if you over or underpaid - this is a huge mistake on TT's part that this question is no longer asked and people are getting caught up in it.   

They moved it to the medical deductions section for reporting 1095A information, TT needs to fix this as the over or under reporting of the subdity affects what you get back and the IRS is not going to process returns without it.  The tab where this used to be was there, then in an update it disappeared to the deductions, medical - but people will not see that and will not search, just assuming they do not need to fill it out.  TT NEEDS to fix this, people are paying and doing their taxes wrong, this is a crucial questions which NEEDS to be asked, shame on TT for charging and not forcing this to be answered and filled out.  It should most definitely come up before filing did you or anyone on this tax return receive a 1095A.

I pay for Home and Business and it no longer has a "healthcare" tab - it did when I first loaded the program, but when I went to enter my son's tax return I realized I had the 1095A left over and had not entered and realized the Healthcare tab was gone.  So did a search and voila it tells you to go to deductions/medical/1095 A.

So someone decided since there is no penalty to remove the tab, but the question of does anyone on this return have a 1095A needs to be a forced question as it always has been.  They need to fix this!

WOW TT really dropped the ball here, people are paying TT to make sure their taxes are done right and you change the program and do not ask if anyone in the household received a 1095A.  In just reading a few of the many pages of comments on here, I think every single person who is having to wait to get the letter from the IRS and then having to wait 8 - 12 weeks to get their refund should at min. ask TT for a refund of what they paid for the program!

The whole idea of paying for TT is to get your taxes done, and correctly - this is NOT getting them done correctly.  I was lucky that I noticed I had a 1095A  form leftover when done inputting for my son's taxes, so had not put that form in the "done" pile, went back and searched for where TT hid this.  Since it is required by the IRS TT should/have to be required to ask this question before filing is completed.

Shame on TT - by the way the health tab was there when I download the program, but was gone after doing an update.

I filed a BBB complaint requesting a refund for my $40 filing fee.  A TurboTax rep called me the next day, but I missed the call.  I returned her call today and I didn't even have to explain why I was calling back.  She said she was processing the $40 refund to my credit card, and I should have it within 7 biz days.  Now, I still wait for my IRS refund to be processed...  One down, one to go.

WMR was down for me, but I can see my transcripts which weren't available before. I had no return filed, according to the IRS yesterday. It's been almost exactly 2 weeks since I faxed my info over.

@AHerling13 I can't even see my electronic transcript, says they can't verify my phone number belongs to me even though it's the same number I've used for the last 6 years. I ordered them by phone but it said 5-10 days to receive them so we'll see. I faxed my forms on the 14th and still have no bars. 

Hate that for you Casey. This escapade has really put a lot of us in a bind. Severely.

But still no apology from Intuit.

Can you order your transcripts, Casey? That's the only way I saw movement, WMR is down on my end and probably won't update until tomorrow anyways. I called last week and the lady said it was received but I called yesterday and the lady said she couldn't tell if it was received or not. I wanted her to make a note because I forgot to send in the 8962 on the 19th so I went back to the library on the 20th and faxed all of the correct forms so she made a note that there might be duplicate info on my file and I woke up to my transcript being filled in.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies