Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

This return has certain forms that can't be e-filed

Something is up ... the IRS has not taken any returns in any test batches for the last 6 days which usually means there are glitches that need to be addressed and it may be with the Sch C but nothing official has been posted not even by my professional software.  The ability to enter K-1 forms has been frozen until further updated programming can be completed due to late changes made by congress so maybe something else needed correcting. 

Same issue, the review lists no forms with problems, so I'm perplexed by it

Somethings cannot be explained ... so patience is needed as things get worked out as they always do. 

I do not have schedule c in our return but do have schedule F and i've deleted all the do not file blanks as well and still cannot efile. Yes the software is up to date as of an hour ago so thats not the issue either. I've also checked all the forms against turbotaxes is this form available to efile list and all of them are and show no delays. I am beyond frustrated!

Well today is Sunday and i am still getting the same message. I'll wait a couple more days then I'll give H & R Blocks software a try.

The only thing I changed was the code for the business from 999999 to 999000

that's as vague as TT saying you have a form that can't be transmitted.

just did as you suggested. Said my software is up to date but still can't efile

felipe98

So is there a specific time today when this should be ready. I would expect at the very least a different error message or the form that is referring to since I have done the same taxes for years and this is the first time I see this message. I printed the file to see the list of forms and all of them say they are ready for efile - what now?

taxes forms.png

After doing a process of elimination, the form that I got that can't be efile  is the Schedule C.  I basically created a backup file and deleted the Schedule C.  I called the Irs and was informed that the Schedule C was available for efiling.  This is an issued with Turbo tax.  I spoke with a support person over the weekend and she could not resolve the issue.   She informed me to wait until the 29th to try to efile.  This morning i tried to efile and got the same as to can't efile, mail in the return.  I even purchased H&R Block tax software and input in same information and the software allowed me to efile the return along with my Schedule C.

It’s the 29th and still the same useless error. Come on TurboTax ???

TXRanger1837
Returning Member

It's the 29th, but it's still not even 7am Eastern yet.

What software do I need from H&R Block similar to TT home & businesss ?  Thanks. 

I was wondering if that is the problem also. I have delivered Amazon or newspapers for 20 years. I have never seen a self-employment tax and even compared previous years to this year. That is the only difference. I just tried to file again at 8am on 1/29 and it still will not work. TT better fix this of give me a refund for the program.

Well, it is the 29th and the same problem exists.  TT obviously is ignoring the problem.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies