Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

This return has certain forms that can't be e-filed

Still not working as of 8:19AM today 1/29. 

What is the HR Block equivalent for TT Deluxe?

I bought hr block home and business and ended up getting refund because it’s not like TT. Theirs download two separate one for home and one for business which does me no good certain expenses go under business don’t want to file two separate returns. I’m going to am hr block today they said the online software is different than what they have. Yes online they are separate returns but not in store. If anyone has any text please post. I’ve looked at taxact and taxslayer I don’t see option to put certain expenses in

Hang in there unless you want to start over from scratch ... the IRS is still not accepting returns this am ... there must be an issue in the works that needs fixing from the IRS side of the wall.  

I just called TT and they said that the updates have until midnight on 1/29/24 to take effect from the IRS. He said try tomorrow. 

Sounds like they are passing the buck. 

WD4
Level 2

It should be a surprise to no one that the government/IRS isn't ready. 😂🤣 I believe TT. 

User is correct, I also had a Form C which I did not need.  I removed it and was able to E-File.

I'm getting the same message. Does anyone have an answer, or fix, for this issue? I've been using Turbo Tax since 2010 and never received this error message until today.

Not sure what you mean by that? I still cant Efile today and called turboTax and nobody knows what to do or why its doing this? HOW?

Can you explain in detail? I have always filed a Schedule C with E-file and never had an issue. That is were my miles go. 

DF48

I am having the same issue with e-filing and I also only have 1099s. I have had TT for years and have never had this issue before and have always e-filed. Doesn't Pay to be retired. Hope TT looks into the 1099 issue soon.

I am on the phone going on my third hour and after talking to 4 agents and demanding resolution I got to a escalations department.  Despite what every agents has said THERE IS A KNOWN ISSUE IN TURBO TAX THAT THEY ARE ACTIVELY WORKING TO UPDATE.  Because I called in and got to this person I will be getting an email letting me know that the update is available.

Finally a real answer.  I honestly hope some one else has experienced this and posted but I cant go through 9 pages of posts to find it.  Best of luck All!!!

TD8
Level 2

I have same problem. All the forms I need are ready but Turbotax says IRS isn't ready. :(  I will try again tomorrow. 

@jrmezo Thank you for the update. Could you please post to this thread when you get confirmation that the update is available?

@vince88

Sure thing!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies