Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

This return has certain forms that can't be e-filed

Try closing TurboTax, clear your Cache and Cookies, and reopen TurboTax.  

It might also be because all the forms are not ready yet. Here is an article you can reference that will tell you particular forms availability. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
ee-ea
Level 15

If you believe that the IRS is omnipotent and omniscient you most likely also believe in the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy and that President Reagan was wrong. He said “The top nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'”

Yes it is time to re-assess, time to find another place to file taxes other than the IRS

There is not a single letter in that box in my schedule C and still cant e-filed. We keep looking

That wont fix it!

It is TT code no our PC

Still not working - same message.  No idea what forms are the problem 

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Here is an article you can reference that will tell you particular forms availability. 

I’m having the same issue. I noticed it has something to do with my 1099 self employed forms because when I remove my business and only leave my W2 it seems to allow me to efile. TurboTax has really dropped the ball with all these changes this year. 

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Do you have a self-employed health insurance deduction? That form is not ready yet. 

Here is an article you can reference that will tell you particular forms availability. 

i don't see a form that is not ready within my taxes.  Also  -  why does TT not tell me what forms instead of just telling me mail them in?  I don't want the hassle of mailing them in - thats why i paid 130.00 for TT. 

I think TurboTax should issue refunds if you are not able to e-file because their software and not the IRS.

All my forms are available and its the same as last years. There is no reason for not being able to E-File and it seems to be a TurboTax software issue. This is my last year of using TurboTax. On top of that the Federal Trade Commission ruled in a final order and opinion Monday that TurboTax, the popular tax filing software, engaged in deceptive advertising and banned the company from advertising its services for free unless it is free for all customers. By running ads for “free” tax services that many customers were not qualified for, the tax filing software violated the FTC Act and deceived consumers, the agency said.

Resolved: I was having the same issue but I resolved the problem by removing forms I did not need. For example, when I clicked on Forms there was a Schedule C, Clean Energy Auto Form, and Clean Energy Form from my home. None of these tax forms I needed and I'm not sure why they were there. A couple of the forms had DO NOT FILE in bold red letters. So I removed the forms because they were not applicable. After removing the forms I was able to transmit with no problem. 

How I Removed the forms:

• Select Forms at the top of the Page
  • Scroll through each form until I found the one that was Not Applicable. For example Schedule C (I do not have business tax)
  • Selected the form
  • Went to top of the menu bar an select FORMS >>> Remove Form XXX
  • Done

I requested a refund since it has a 60 day money back guarantee. If you cannot e-file..... just request a refund.

Then why won't the application say that and tell you what the form(s) are.

I completed my son's taxes, and the Federal has been accepted. However, I'm getting the same error that others have complained about. I've never received this error either, after 20 years of TT.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies