Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

This return has certain forms that can't be e-filed

I found a form 8936 which is on the DO NOT EFILE list. The form is blank, so I removed it. Now the app is in a loop, and I cannot get to the eFile screen.

I have none of those forms about electric vehicles, but I do have a Schedule C form that I file every year without any issues e-filing. This is the only year with this problems and it has nothing to do with regulations or the IRS. This is a software problem and not an IRS issue.

I am having the same issue.

UPDATE: Spent 45 minutes on the phone with support to no avail. Purchased another tax prep software. It worked flawlessly, and I have already submitted my federal e-file. It is definitely at TT software problem. Requested TT refund, and I guess I'll be changing software after using TT for 10+ years.

I'm having the same problem. Schedule C seems to be the issue. Per another commenter, I removed the Clean Energy forms and it didn't work.

Everyone needs to be patient as they work out the bugs in the program ... although the IRS may accept some returns prior to 1/29 they will not start processing them before the 29th.  Every year there are some bugs and every year they work them out.  

Patient?  I have been trying to make this work for 2 weeks.  I have called TT and no help.  I think TT needs to jump on here and help us.  They took my 130.00, let's make this right. 

I’m getting this same exact message! Anyone find out any updates? I called TT this morning they claim to be unaware of this issue and have no answers.

gespinosa

Could tell the name of the software you purchased. thnaks

w9dhi
Returning Member

I'm having the exact same message and the only forms I have are SSA1099, 1099int and 1098.  Always worked for me...I purchased this to efile as I have in the past.   Very disappointed.

This is for TT Home and Business.

I've had it.  No response from TurboTax!  If my filing does not e-File in a few days I'm switching to another software app.  Been using TurboTax for years, but I'm done! Looking now at H&R Block, TaxAct and others!  I'll pay for new software and will RIP TurboTax on Amazon at length.

As stated today by one of the TurboTax Moderators -

This should be resolved in today's release. The update could happen at any point today, but once the users update their software tonight or tomorrow, the issue should be resolved. Please let us know if you are still seeing this after today. 

Could you please provide the link to this moderator announcement?

@vince88 wrote:

Could you please provide the link to this moderator announcement?

Sorry, no.  It is in a private location that can only be accessed by the volunteers on this forum with a Champ designator.  

LOL I'll go ahead and take my TT refund and go elsewhere. What a mess.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies