turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

daniana82

When i check my california state return it says results cant be found .Why is this if turbo tax says it was accepted?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

When i check my california state return it says results cant be found .Why is this if turbo tax says it was accepted?

This is not uncommon. Accepted in TurboTax just means that they have received your return. That is the status of your return; not your refund. Until that state starts actually reviewing and processing your received return, they won't have any record of it when you go to check status on their website. They no longer provide updates to TurboTax once they accept your return.

The next step would be for them to review/process the return and approve your refund. Once they complete processing of the return, then they will update their system and you can track it on their site. Processing times vary from state to state. 

Some states put a notice on their refund tracking page to let you know how long processing takes; some do not. 

How do I track my California tax refund?

View solution in original post

9 Replies

This is not uncommon. Accepted in TurboTax just means that they have received your return. That is the status of your return; not your refund. Until that state starts actually reviewing and processing your received return, they won't have any record of it when you go to check status on their website. They no longer provide updates to TurboTax once they accept your return.

The next step would be for them to review/process the return and approve your refund. Once they complete processing of the return, then they will update their system and you can track it on their site. Processing times vary from state to state. 

Some states put a notice on their refund tracking page to let you know how long processing takes; some do not. 

How do I track my California tax refund?

Hello,

My CA tax refund was showing processing till two days ago.  Now it says "We are unable to provide your refund status online using the information you provided."

Do you have any idea?

Tncincrp
Returning Member

I’m having the same issue. Please update if u have any new info 

Hey I chatted with someone from FTB yesterday and he said that sometimes when it is done processing, it does that.  Because mine was saying processing for a few days and yesterday it was couldn't show any info.

Anyway, sure enough, he was absolutely right.  Mine showed up again and went from processing to issued. 🙂

Same exact thing happened to me. Would love to know a resolution!

Did you get your refund?  If so how long did it take from time u got this message. I'm having the same issue.  I efiled April 10th and the reviewed and showed it was processing on ca refund status then past three days I've have had the same Message as you did.  It said may be one more day to complete process but still haven't received nor has message change to issued.

When I checked the next day, my status was updated and said my refund was sent.  And sure enough, a few days later, I received my refund.   Since it's the weekend, hopefully yours will be updated tomorrow or the day after.

kristinaserrano
Returning Member

I mailed my return on 4/9/20. CAFTB says it has no information. I have USPS tracker saying it was delivered on 4/28/20. How is it that they still have no information?? I mailed my friends on the same day and he got his refund already.

VictoriaD75
Expert Alumni

TurboTax does not receive updates once returns have been processed. Additionally, we cannot provide tracking for returns that were printed and mailed. You can try printing the return again and mailing it, but it can cause duplicate errors with the taxing authority. Be sure to verify with the tax board that they have not received the return. Provide the tracking information. If they cannot find it, send them another return via certified mail.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies