turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where is 2018 Form OR-TM? I need this to file Oregon transit tax for self-employed individuals. It is available on the internet, but not in TurboTax as in prior years.

It doesn't make sense that the "2018 Form OR-TM" tax form is not available with Home and Business Turbotax. In previous years this was included for Oregon residents filing transit tax returns. Instructions are clearly available on the internet. You can find these by searching under "2018 Form OR-TM". Look for the voucher form and instructions and you will find it. But for some reason the form was left off of the 2018 Turbotax Home & Business software.

I can calculate the tax manually, but I am puzzled why it isn't in the software since in the past this form has always been included with the software.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
IreneS
Intuit Alumni

Where is 2018 Form OR-TM? I need this to file Oregon transit tax for self-employed individuals. It is available on the internet, but not in TurboTax as in prior years.

The Oregon Form OR-TM is available in TurboTax Home & Business.  To complete the form, please follow these steps:

1. In the Oregon interview, continue to the screen, A few things before we wrap up your state taxes.
  2. In the Other Forms section, click the Start box next to Additional Forms (Forms TM and LTD, ARTS, Form SP, OR-STI).
  3. On the next screen, Additional Forms, mark the box net to TriMet and Lane County Self-Employment tax (Forms TM and LTD).  Click Continue.
  4. Continue through the screens, entering the requested information.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

5 Replies
IreneS
Intuit Alumni

The Oregon Form OR-TM is available in TurboTax Home & Business.  To complete the form, please follow these steps:

1. In the Oregon interview, continue to the screen, A few things before we wrap up your state taxes.
  2. In the Other Forms section, click the Start box next to Additional Forms (Forms TM and LTD, ARTS, Form SP, OR-STI).
  3. On the next screen, Additional Forms, mark the box net to TriMet and Lane County Self-Employment tax (Forms TM and LTD).  Click Continue.
  4. Continue through the screens, entering the requested information.

Thank you! Your answer was very helpful.

I did not get the option for"Other Forms" in the Oregon interview wrap up.  Does this require payment for the federal data transfer? I am also getting an Oregon refund - does that matter re: the SE - LTD  form not being generated?     
ab111

Is this paid when you file with turbotax, or do you have to pay it separately? 

BillM223
Expert Alumni

@ab111

The forms OR-TM and OR-LTD are supported to the extent that TurboTax will create them if you make the necessary entries.

However, TurboTax will not e-file them. This is because the instructions on those forms (OR-TM OR-LTD) clearly state that these forms are not to be attached to the state tax return.

Instead, you can print the forms and send them yourself to the state (or file online, as the forms note).

Since these forms are not part of the Oregon return, we do not include the amounts due on the Oregon state return - so, yes, you have to pay it separately.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies