Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

The IRS has not taken my bank payment. How can I make sure my payment information is correct?

update: I finally had the amount debited by IRS on April 21st 2021. Returns filed and accepted on April 4th.

The IRS has not taken my bank payment. How can I make sure my payment information is correct?

Return accepted on April 7th, IRS debited account on April 21st 2021.

vcly
Returning Member

April 13th 2021 - return accepted & payment scheduled for April 13th 2021.
April 22nd 2021 - IRS debited the account.

April 4th 2021 - return accepted & payment scheduled for April 8th 2021.
April 22nd 2021 - IRS debited the account.

Thank you to all the Turbo Tax Tax Experts and staff whom provided accurate expert information regarding this issue.  Unfortunately I can't say the same for the IRS as I received so much misinformation on this topic.  Really sad the level of poor quality information from the IRS help lines.

Thanks to the all the Turbo Tax users whom provided status updates on their specific situations. 

I have used Turbo Tax to file my taxes for over 10 years and will continue to do so in the future.

Thanks again to all.

- Rob.

Mine finally debited!  File and accepted April 9th. Debited April 22nd.  So relieved. 

update, payment is withdrawn on 4/22. accepted 4/3.

Update:  IRS accepted on 4/3 finally took money out on 4/22.

PAGB
Level 4

@CatinaT1 

Since people are experiencing delays for the IRS to take their payment would it be beneficial to go on the IRS website and directly make the payment there?

Is there any specific reason that if I e-file with Turbotax but make my payment directly to the IRS some sort of mix up would happen ?

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

According to the IRS:

Payment Processing Issue: We identified a delay in processing Form 1040 balance due, Form 1040-X amended, and Form 1040-ES estimated tax payment requests submitted via Modernized e-File. The issue has been resolved, and pending payments are being processed. The taxpayer’s account will be credited with the original requested payment date(s). Taxpayers should not re-resubmit these payments.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
daleweller5
Returning Member

where do I see my confirm my bank info is correct and the date i selected?

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

This information is in Part V of your info worksheet.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
pattisc2

I have a payment plan with the IRS.  It is being drafted from my checking account, but it did not  come out of my account on the payment date and is now 5 days late.  It is the weekend and i have to wait now until Monday.  I checked  with my bank and there is no problem with my bank account.

How did you set up the payment plan ?   Online at the IRS directly or  when you filed the return ?    Did you get an acceptance letter for the payment plan yet ?

I am having the same questions as many of the posters from last year. I was expecting the IRS to debit my account immediately, but it's been 2 days and the money has not been transferred. From some of the posts last year, it sounds like it could take a week to 10 days. So, I will just wait for a week or so.

I was one who waited for many weeks last year before the IRS finally deducted my payment.  If I were you, would not worry just yet.  Most banks put your debit in a “pending” status when they first receive the debit request from the IRS (or from any direct payment request).  If you can, check your bank status to see if it is “pending”.  For what it is worth, my payment this year was more timely.  On the same day I authorized the payment, my bank showed it as pending.  Again, that is not deducted, but in the queue to be deducted and will be deducted in a few days.  Hope that helps.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies