turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Tax forms (1099-B) from J.P. Morgan Chase, YouInvest brokerage aren't being correctly imported. For stocks with multiple buys and sells, it only imports 1st entry in pdf.

My tax form has multiple entry for a particular stock, but turbo tax only imports 1st entry, it ignores the rest and comes up with wrong calculation of capital gain/loss.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
gloriah5200
Expert Alumni

Tax forms (1099-B) from J.P. Morgan Chase, YouInvest brokerage aren't being correctly imported. For stocks with multiple buys and sells, it only imports 1st entry in pdf.

Yes, there may have been a problem with your 1099-B download from Chase Bank.

Some customers who imported their 1099-B from Chase Bank may have imported only a partial list of their investment transactions into TurboTax.

If you imported these forms into TurboTax on February 15-17, you may be affected. Here’s how to fix this:

1. Sign in to your return.
  2. Go to Wages & Income.
  3. Under Investment Income, select Stocks, Mutual Funds, Bonds, Other (1099-B).
  4. Check the amounts on your 1099-B forms. If they match what’s in TurboTax under Total gain or loss, then you don’t need to do anything. If they don’t match, move onto the next step.
  5. Select the trash can icon next to your Chase Bank 1099-B to delete it.
  6. Select Add sales to re-add your Chase Bank 1099-B. You can either import your form from Chase Bank or choose I’ll type it myself to manually enter it.

If you imported forms other than a 1099-B from Chase Bank, please check that they don’t get imported twice.

If you have any further questions, you can contact us at 800-446-8848, 5 AM to 9 PM PT.

Related Information:

For additional information refer to the following link:

Possible Problems with Chase Bank 1099-B Download

I have a similar issue in that a the import process does not include the date the shares were acquired along with some other fields - which forces me to go into each trade and manually edit each individual transaction. Is there an ETA on when this will get fixed?

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

We’re currently working to resolve this issue. If you’d like to receive progress status updates, please sign up here.

Why is my 1099-B missing its acquired date?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Any updates on when this will get resolved? I have over 50 trades for 2020 and the order is different from that which is displayed on my PDF 1099-B so the chance of error from manual entry is very high. I can see that the import file has the "acquired date" properly matched up, but somehow the turbotax software isn't recognizing the data and lining it up with the transactions. Any update on ETA would be much appreciated.

I submitted the original issue. This has been resolved for me, however instead of chase bank (from where I got the form earlier) I had to now import documents from chase investments this time. I tried chase bank for few days before trying chase investments which finally worked.

https://lbry.tv/$/invite/@finance:9

i am not able to import tax form for chase you invest. Not sure which brokerage option to choose? is it JPMorgan securities or Chase bank? i don't see chase securities listed as an option.  

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

Do you have access to paper copies of the 1099-B?  Rather than download, you may elect to report summary information. 

Your brokerage statements should include a summary of your transactions, grouped by sales category, for example, Box A short-term covered or Box D long-term covered. You will enter the summary info instead of each individual transaction. 

1. Open or continue your return and search for stock sales.
  2. Select the Jump to link in the search results
  3. Answer Yes to Did you sell stocks, mutual funds, bonds, or other investments in 2021?
    • If you land on Your investment sales summary, select Add more sales 
  4. On the OK, what type of investments did you sell? screen, select Stocks, Bonds, Mutual Funds, then Continue
  5. On the Let's import your tax info screen, select I'll type it myself
  6. Step through the interview and select Sales section totals when prompted to choose how to enter your sales
  7. You will now be able to enter the total proceeds (sales) and cost basis, along with the sales category. Refer to your 1099-B for the amounts and category. When finished, select Continue
  8. You can add additional sales totals by selecting the Add another sales total on the Review your sales section totals screen.

If you choose the option to enter a summary instead of entering each sale, The IRS requires that you mail a copy of the brokerage statement listing the individual sales.

If you e-file, TurboTax will produce an IRS Form 8453. You print the IRS Form 8453 and attach the brokerage statement(s) to it.

If you file by mail, attach the statement(s) to the back of your tax return, after all the forms and schedules.

In either case, click the mailing instructions link in the message at the bottom of the TurboTax page and follow the instructions that it displays.

@ninnh5

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies