Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Suspected Programming Error reporting Employee Stock sale

In TurboTax 2020, I am attempting to enter a sale of a Restricted Stock Unit (RSU). On the screen "Enter Your Sale Information", there is a spot to enter "Date Sold" and "Number of Shares Sold", but the "Selling Price per Share" is blank (i.e., there is no spot to enter the information).  On the following screen, of course the "Total Proceeds" shows up as $0.00 due to the lack of a selling price/share.  This screen also says "Not Employer Stock" in two spots on this screen (even though I selected "Employer stock on a prior screen).  I have reported RSU sales for years and I've never encountered this before.  I believe there is a programming error that needs corrected.  How do I report this?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

Please reach out to our phone support team for further assistance and to report a possible bug.  The following TurboTax Help Article will assist you with connecting with the right person to get the help you need:  What is the TurboTax phone number?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

In the event anyone runs into this same issue, I spent 2 hours on the phone with TurboTax support.   At the end of the day they have opened up a case to fix the program.  It took the full two hours to convince them that there was an issue.  Hopefully it gets resolved.

this is a nightmare.  i could never connect or schedule a call with prompts that took you in circles.  I cannot enter any values for selling price per share  in stock sale information

triesterase, thank you for validating that there is an issue.  I got the sense TT didn't believe me or want to acknowledge it.  My fingers are crossed that this gets fixed quickly.  I was never emailed a case # so have nothing to reference or provide to you if you ever do get through to them.

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

Please see the TurboTax FAQ below for assistance with with this error:

Why am I unable to enter my RSU Selling Price Per Share?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies