eausterman

Re submitted my e-file after the first one was rejected by the IRS due to not submitting an AGI, how long should the corrected return take to be accepted?

It can sit on the server with zillions of other returns until after Jan. 27 when the IRS begins to accept/reject returns.

Your e-filed return is still in pending on the server because the IRS will not begin to accept/reject/process returns until January 27.  Only a few returns were accepted early in a test batch.  Everyone else has to wait.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-opens-2020-filing-season-for-individual-filers-on-jan-27

So watch your emails and spam folder to make sure you know after Jan. 27 if your return was accepted or rejected.

trisharohrer974

Mine was rejected today for that same reason. I mistakenly used my amended AGI. I immediately corrected it. Still pending. Anyone have this happen and can I expect an approval today?