Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Stuck in Update Loop

I am new to this.  i have rebooted and restarted several times, but can not get it to move..then after being locked it tells me "failled installation.  microsoft installatier error 1603 fatal error during installation.

Stuck in Update Loop

I have done this several times.  no joy

Stuck in Update Loop

how do i do a selective start up mode

penstruck
Returning Member

Stuck in Update Loop

I am trying to file my federal 2020 tax return. Turbotax says I have to apply an update. I have applied the update, restarted, and the message continues to show. I am posting here rather than start a new thread for the same issue. Can you help me

penstruck
Returning Member

Stuck in Update Loop

This is an additional post to my issue of the loop software update message when trying to file the federal return. I downloaded the suggested file for the manual update. It's responded that turbotax 2020 was not installed. It is installed, so now what do I do

Stuck in Update Loop

i have the same issue.  i downloaded the "fix" and ran it to update.   looked like it worked.  said it was starting turbotax.  then it went into the same routine.  downloading updates and froze again. tax day is getting close.  anyone at turbotax on this thing that can provide some encourgment?

Stuck in Update Loop

i guess this is  a unmoniters site.  the turbotax guys make themselves really hard to contact.  i am going to have to apply for an extension or go to one of the  kmart tax people to get this done i am afraid

Stuck in Update Loop

Same problem, have rebooted and restarted Turbo tax, 5-10-2021

Stuck in Update Loop

@Bbuetlmann wrote:

Same problem, have rebooted and restarted Turbo tax, 5-10-2021

Go here to see something not seen suggested before. It worked for me after trying every other possible fixes offered here..... although very bothersome as to why it did work.

struemper
Returning Member

Stuck in Update Loop

I changed from my home wifi to using my phone as a hotspot and then it found the download.

sollewin2

Stuck in Update Loop

WHY

Cheryl360

Stuck in Update Loop

I’ve completed federal tax on turbo delux. I’m asked to download Oregon tax then get on a loop. Download,  up to date, download

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Stuck in Update Loop

Please see this Turbo Tax help article. 

State install/e-file update loop: State not installed after installation or TurboTax needs to update prior to e-file.
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/state-loop-indicates-turbotax-is-up-to-date-after-...

@Cheryl360

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
mytong

Stuck in Update Loop

I'm trying to complete my Federal return and no matter how many times or places I click that I did not receive anything for Disaster Relief, the last review sends me back to a loop -- "We found one area in your return where we will need you to review your entries... Form 8915-F-T.. .. not finalized..

Please help, this is very frustrating.

Margaret

HopeS
Expert Alumni

Stuck in Update Loop

The Form 8915-F is finalized and you should not have issues e-filing your tax return. 

Please try these steps to fix the Form 8915-F issues you are having.

1. Login to your TurboTax Account 
  2. Click on the "Search" on the top and type “1099-R”  
  3. Click on “Jump to 1099-R” 
  4. If you do not have any 2022 1099-R answer "No" to "Did you get a 1099-R in 2022?" (If you have any other 1099-R then enter all 1099-R and after entering your last 1099-R click "Continue" on the “Review your 1099-R info​​​​​​​” screen)
  5. Answer "Yes" to the "Have you ever taken a disaster distribution before 2022?" screen
  6. Answer "Yes" to "Did you take a 2020 Qualified Disaster Distribution?"
  7. Uncheck the box next to "If this was a Coronavirus-related distribution reported in 2020 check here" and click Continue
  8. On the "Which disaster affected you in 2020?" screen I selected the blank entry and click "back
  9. Then recheck the box next to "If this was a Coronavirus-related distribution reported in 2020 check here" and continue.

Another option is to delete "Form 8915-F" and "Qualified 2020 Disaster Retirement Distr" and then go back to the retirement section and reenter the information:

1. Open or continue your return in TurboTax.
  2. In the left menu, select "Tax Tools" and then "Tools".
  3. In the pop-up window Tool Center, select "Delete a form".
  4. Select "Delete" next to "Form 8915-F" and "Qualified 2020 Disaster Retirement Distr" and follow the instructions.
  5. Click on the "Search" on the top and type “1099-R”  
  6. Click on “Jump to 1099-R” 
  7. If you do not have any 2022 1099-R answer "No" to "Did you get a 1099-R in 2022?" (If you have any other 1099-R then enter all 1099-R and after entering your last 1099-R click "Continue" on the “Review your 1099-R info​​​​​​​” screen)
  8. Answer "Yes" to the "Have you ever taken a disaster distribution before 2022?" screen
  9. Answer "Yes" to "Did you take a 2020 Qualified Disaster Distribution?"
  10. Check the box next to "If this was a Coronavirus-related distribution reported in 2020 check here" and enter your information.

See the Link Below for Additional Information:

Form 8915-F

@mytong 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies