Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

lakeshow
Returning Member

Stimulus Registration-Direct Deposit

Does anyone know where you can enter your direct deposit information when you are trying to register for the Stimulus? I enter all of the information, and get to where it says click register, but there wasn't anywhere for me to enter the direct deposit information. Thanks!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies

Where do we put our checking account

Where are you finding this link?

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

We are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding updating or providing direct deposit information. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details.

In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates:

IRS Coronavirus Tax Relief

TurboTax Corona Virus Tax Center Updates

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
GySgtRet1

According to IRS.gov TurboTax is supposed to have portal active for taking direct deposit banking account information. IRS.gov is warning consumers to stay away from scammers claiming to be that portal. So why is TurboTax waiting for further IRS guidance?!?!? Feels like a dog chasing tail. 

@GySgtRet1 wrote:

According to IRS.gov TurboTax is supposed to have portal active for taking direct deposit banking account information. IRS.gov is warning consumers to stay away from scammers claiming to be that portal. So why is TurboTax waiting for further IRS guidance?!?!? Feels like a dog chasing tail. 

If you are not filing a 2019 tax return and you are not required to file a tax return and you do not receive Social Security benefits, then use this TurboTax website to register for the stimulus - https://turbotax.intuit.com/stimulus-check/

Todd16

What if you already filed your 2019 taxes but did not provide your direct deposit information. Is there a way you can go back and do it so that you will get your stimulus check depositing into your checking account?

I was NOT filing 2019 taxes, I am not required to file a tax return, and I DO NOT receive social security benefits, so I followed that link you gave.   I followed all the menus that TurboTax programmed, answering all the pertinent questions.  Even put in my banking information, as requested.  A screen came up stating my Direct Deposit was the same information I input.  I then acknowledged that it was ready to transmit to the IRS.  Then TurboTax transmitted.  Afterwards it said to print my transmission, only to find a 1040 for 2019 had been transmitted for ZERO dollars, and the banking section of the refund part of the 1040 had XXXXXXXX's in each of the Banking fields.  That tells me that no banking information had been sent to the IRS.  THE WHOLE reason for TurboTax offering the stimulus registration was to get the banking information to the IRS.  So why is it that turboTax programmers put XXXXXXXX's into the banking fields, instead of the correct information the end user had supplied you with?  Did the banking information get transmitted, or not?

@AuroraDewd The bank routing and account numbers are X'd out for security reasons on the printed form.  Your information was e-filed to the IRS.

Well i'll be..........if thats truly the case......that has to be the best news ive received over the past three weeks.  By far.  

You win the Golden Globe nomination for that tidbit of information. Thank you, DoninGA.  🙂

Savager065
Returning Member

Can I get help

ReginaM
Expert Alumni

If you have filed your 2018 or 2019 tax return, or are receiving Social Security Benefits, you do not need to do a thing as the IRS already has your information.

If this is not the case, to register for your Stimulus Payment, please use this link for your Stimulus Registration.  When you are on this web page, scroll toward the bottom and select, If you don't need to file your taxes this year.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies