turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

BFB1
Level 3

Stimulus credit

I did not receive the first or second stimulus rebate since the IRS is looking at my 2018 tax return.  However, I did qualify for both base off of 2019 tax return and will qualify for both based off of 2020 tax return.  This means I should have received $2400 from the first stimulus rebate and $1200 from the second rebate since I file Married filing jointly.  Will turbotax be able to handle both when I file in 2020

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Stimulus credit

@BFB1 wrote:

I'm assuming the program will be updated because the one I have loaded only asked about the $2400 one

All the TurboTax editions have been updated to include the first and second stimulus payments.

If you are using the TurboTax desktop editions make sure the software is updated.  Click on Online and then on Check for Updates.

If you are using the TurboTax online editions, close the window and access the account again.  Sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

If the page is still not showing both payments, clear cache and cookies on your web browser and sign back onto the account.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Stimulus credit

If you do not receive any other stimulus payments by January 15, 2021, then the stimulus payment for which you are eligible to receive will be entered on your 2020 federal tax return as a tax credit on Form 1040 Line 30.

The TurboTax program will ask about stimulus payments in the Federal Review section of the program.

BFB1
Level 3

Stimulus credit

I'm assuming the program will be updated because the one I have loaded only asked about the $2400 one

Stimulus credit

@BFB1 wrote:

All the TurboTax editions have been updated to include the first and second stimulus payments.

If you are using the TurboTax desktop editions make sure the software is updated.  Click on Online and then on Check for Updates.

If you are using the TurboTax online editions, close the window and access the account again.  Sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

If the page is still not showing both payments, clear cache and cookies on your web browser and sign back onto the account.

Stimulus credit

I did not get the $10200 forgiveness for my taxes I paid on my federal.

HelenC12
Expert Alumni

Stimulus credit

@cameronschu

At this time, we are waiting for information from the IRS on how to handle the $10,200 unemployment. Once the IRS provides additional guidance, TurboTax will be updated to reflect these new tax laws relating to unemployment. 

• If you haven’t filed your 2020 taxes yet and would like to receive progress status updates, please sign up here. 

As part of the recently passed American Rescue Plan, the first $10,200 worth of unemployment payments are now tax-free for households with annual incomes less than $150,000. This expanded tax relief begins this year, starting for taxpayers filing returns after January 1, 2020.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
dmcrig

Stimulus credit

Let's talk

gloriah5200
Expert Alumni

Stimulus credit

@dmcrig

Please clarify your question, for additional information.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies