Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Stimulus check Recovery Rebate Credit calculation page not considering eligible payments for my child

I have a minor child (born in 2019, having SSN and was included in 2019 tax returns) who is eligible for $500 in first stimulus check and $600 for the second check.  But we received the stimulus amount only for me and my spouse and child's amount wasn't included.  So we got $1100 less amount in both stimulus payments combined.  In turbo tax when we reach the recovery rebate calculation page, it is pre calculating and showing what we are eligible for. But this also doesn't include child. It shows $2400 first round and $1200 second round. Can TT team make adjustments so that eligible child's due is also calculated and shown in the eligible total.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Stimulus check Recovery Rebate Credit calculation page not considering eligible payments for my child

when you are asked how much you received in stimulus, type in the ACTUAL amount received.

Then look on Line 30 of Form 1040, you should see the $1100 credit there, which should increase your refund / decrease what you owe

if $1100 is not on line 30, it means there is an error on how you entered your child.  Suggest deleting the child from your return and reentering.  

View solution in original post

2 Replies

when you are asked how much you received in stimulus, type in the ACTUAL amount received.

Then look on Line 30 of Form 1040, you should see the $1100 credit there, which should increase your refund / decrease what you owe

if $1100 is not on line 30, it means there is an error on how you entered your child.  Suggest deleting the child from your return and reentering.  

Thanks for the suggestion. I received turbotax live support. They took me to the first personal info page and showed me that the child related information I entered was partial. I completed this and that automatically fixed the issue.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies