Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Sold second home, trying to enter info

@Pacpam wrote:

I did not get a question of what kind of sale.....all I get are 1099 B type sales, nothing for a second home???

You will not get a question as to what kind of sale with any desktop versions of TurboTax.

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

@Pacpam If you had previously not listed any Stock Sales, etc. you won't see 'add more sales'.

You can enter 'sale of second home' for 'tell us about this sale', with other details and Continue.  

Click this link for instructions on how to enter Sale of Second Home.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I did get screenshot 2 and 3 and filled them out.....but never got screenshot 1, with choices for type of sale.

Turbo tax is too difficult and messy,  could have done with forms easier online, probably won't buy again!!

I have no idea what TT you are using but I do not get the results you post using mine. I have TT Premier CD version installed. I used 'Walk Me Through Everything' to fill out the return. Got as far as Other Tax Situations and had no additional info on sale of second home. Did the search as you described below the result DOES NOT take me to 'Did you sell stocks, mutual funds, bonds, ' Instead, I end up at the summary page for the 'Investment Income' section. Selecting 'Add More Sales' which then presents information for another financial institution. I never get to 'Other'.

Is there another way to get to this?

Thanks.

ToddL99
Expert Alumni

If you select "Add more Sales", the next screen is "Did you get a 1099-B or a brokerage statement for these sales?"

The sample screens below show the steps for a Land Sale, which are the same as the steps for sale of a second home.

Thank you. I saw that route further down in the post and went that way. 

Appreciate the quick response.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies