turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

creid528

Signed up in late March 2022 for an IRS Payment Plan for my taxes. Still haven't had the first payment withdrawn from my account.

As the subject says, I applied for an IRS payment plan (installment agreement) when I filed my taxes back in late March 2022 and I can see the payment plan says "current" on my IRS account. I have yet to have my first payment withdrawn from my account and it's now June. Under my account balance for 2021, it says "Your Information is not available at this time", so I'm at a loss for why this has taken so long.

I've also received a CP14 notice today because my payment plan hasn't withdrawn as I expected it to, complete with a nice penalty for not paying... I went ahead and submitted a manual payment today, but wondering when I should expect this Payment Plan to start kicking in and auto-debiting from my bank account like I set it up almost 3 months ago. Is the IRS just that slow in getting these payment plans going? Any help or advice you can offer up here would be greatly appreciated. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Signed up in late March 2022 for an IRS Payment Plan for my taxes. Still haven't had the first payment withdrawn from my account.

Any update on this?

creid528

It turns out that the IRS just takes a really, really long time to process this stuff. My first automatic payment withdrew in July. Until then, I just submitted manual payments once a month. Sounds like the IRS is very understaffed, so there are lengthy delays to all of this.

Thanks for the follow up which is useful for others with the same question. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies