Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

lazesuzn

Shareholder Payments

I erroneously entered an amount in the "Repayment of Loans from Shareholders" and went back and clicked "NO" that we actually did not make any payments, and when I look at my printed returns, that amount is still showing in there. How do I get rid of it for good?  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Shareholder Payments

I can only presume that you are using TurboTax Business to prepare a return for an S corporation.

If that is the case, enter Forms Mode and look for the Basis Info Wks under Forms in My Return. Clear the Loan repayments to shareholder field.

Shareholder Payments

FYI ... there are many places in the program where you indicate YES to a question and then enter info on the following screen.   Simply returning and answering NO will not erase the info on the following screen ... so the correct way to fix this is to say yes ... remove the entries on the next screen and then back up to say NO.  

Switching to the FORMS mode will also work if you are in the downloaded version. 

Shareholder Payments

@Critter-3 wrote:

....Simply returning and answering NO will not erase the info on the following screen ... so the correct way to fix this is to say yes ... remove the entries on the next screen and then back up to say NO.  

That will usually work in Step-by-Step Mode in virtually all instances, but sometimes it simply fails.

@Critter-3 wrote:

Switching to the FORMS mode will also work if you are in the downloaded version. 

TurboTax Business is only available as an installed version (there is no online version). Regardless, anything other than a simple, standard, return almost always requires resorting to Forms Mode, whether it is an 1120, 1120-S, 1065, or 1041.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies