Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Sending in my tax return without a check? Do I have to send it to another place or the place it says to send if payment is due? Thanks!

As I like sending in paper tax returns, but I like paying the payments online.

Can I send the return in with a balance due without a check? And then just pay online through one of those tax payment sites?

And do I still send the return to the same location that deals with taxes that have payments due? Thanks!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Sending in my tax return without a check? Do I have to send it to another place or the place it says to send if payment is due? Thanks!

The address to mail your tax return to does not depend on whether you have a payment due. It depends on whether you are enclosing a payment. You are not enclosing a payment with the tax return, so mail it to the address for returns without a payment enclosed.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Yes you can mail your return without a check  then pay the way you want.  

You can pay the IRS directly at
https://www.irs.gov/payments

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

The address to mail your tax return to does not depend on whether you have a payment due. It depends on whether you are enclosing a payment. You are not enclosing a payment with the tax return, so mail it to the address for returns without a payment enclosed.

Ok great thank you! Yes that's what I figured. but wanted to make sure thanks again!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies