turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

FSKLLC
Returning Member

Self Employment Information

I have been trying to get help since last night concerning Self Employment information under the State Taxes. We are a 2 member LLC, so why is it asking about self employment information. 

The question is, You have a South Carolina net profit(loss) of all federal Schedules c of $0.

1. What is one half of all the self employment tax related to the $0 listed above.

2. What is one half of the self employment tax on partnership income related to south Carolina (do not include any of the amount from question 1 here)?

I do not understand what to do here or where to look to get the answer, I have called in and got one gentlemen who put me on hold to transfer me and i was suppose to get a call back and never have. Can someone please help here?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
PaulaM
Employee Tax Expert

Is your two member LLC husband and wife? If so, then can treat the LLC as a Qualified Joint Venture and income flows through your respective schedule C's. If not, then you enter your LLC's K-1's for your business.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
FSKLLC
Returning Member

PaulaM thank you for your reply and yes ma'am we are husband and wife. I do have a schedule C for both of us.  So in the State how do i get passed this and I did not mention (was not thinking of it) but I am also a independent sales rep and i have a schedule c for it as well. if i hit enter then it says i have entered too much self employment on the previous screen . the two amount can not be greater than the amount on the federal return. 

PaulaM
Employee Tax Expert

Can you try to enter 0 for both question 1 and 2 if that is applicable to your situation? Enter 1/2 of the SE tax shown on your 1040 and if it is zero, enter zero. And if you have no partnership income, then enter zero for question 2 also.

Your situation is difficult to solve in this format. It would be best if you can contact support again. They are in a better position to resolve if they can view your screen.

You can contact TurboTax at either link below.

What is the TurboTax number?

Contact US

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Manage cookies