turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Schedule C, Form 8995 available?

TurboTax will not allow me to file because it says that Schedule C and Form 8995 are not yet available. I have requested to be notified when they are available, and within a day or two I receive notice that they're now available. But when I update, it says they're not available! What is going on, are they available or not. And if they ARE available, how do I get them?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies
Irene2805
Expert Alumni

Both the Schedule C and Form 8995 are available.  If you are using the CD/Download version of TurboTax, please make sure you have downloaded any available updates.  To get updates in TurboTax CD/Download:

1. Click the Online button in the black toolbar at the top of your screen. 
  2. Click Check for Updates.

I have the download version and have done both steps many times. When I run Smart Check I get this for each form: DO NOT FILE. I'd show a screen shot but don't know if that's allowed here. It's driving me crazy that the program keeps running me in circles.

MaryK4
Expert Alumni

You can post a picture (but make sure all personal info is redacted)- it will help us help you!

@Dennisthayer

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

i keep trying to download this form but i just get run in circles  is there any way to solve this issue?

I am having the same issues. The updates do not help. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled my software. 

I am having the same issues. The updates do not help. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled my software. 

How can I solve this?

Capture.PNG

DaveF1006
Employee Tax Expert

f you're having trouble updating your TurboTax 2019 for Windows Individual software using the "Check for Updates" method, you can get the latest federal program update here:

1. Close TurboTax and all other programs except this browser window.
  1. Click here to download the 184 MB update.
  1. Save the update file to your Windows desktop.
  2. Double-click the update file w_perrelsuperpatch... on your desktop to install the manual update.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
jgontjes
Returning Member

I followed the suggestion of downloading the perrelsuperpatch and it reported I didn't have Turbo Tax 2019 installed.  I actually have both 2019 Premier and Business installed on the computer.  Bottom Line - Getting the message that form 8995 and schedule c are not ready.  I have also clicked on "update forms" and it states everything has been updated.  Please help!! Thx

jgontjes
Returning Member

Here is the message I'm receiving.  Please help solve this situation.

turbotax snip.png

Somewhere in this thread (or one of the several like it) somebody said this was happening because of corrupted software from a reseller. The solution was to convince TT Customer Help to send you new, uncorrupted program. As for me, I was so frustrated that I decided to just buy it new (again) but directly from TT, and take the hit, as the refund period from the reseller had expired. The new software worked fine and I was able to file.

This solution may not be for everyone, but it saved my sanity.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies