turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Review error: "Total section 179 carryover shown here does not match the sum of the Section 179 carryovers shown on each individual activity"

Hello, I have no idea how to solve this error, please help! It is my only error :(

Thank you!

disallowed.png

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Review error: "Total section 179 carryover shown here does not match the sum of the Section 179 carryovers shown on each individual activity"

Go back to your Section 179 (use search) & look at the total amts there & add them up.  That should correct the problem.  TT should auto correct this in that section, then try it again, see if it corrects.

Thanks, but I don't see the search you are referring to. I am using the desktop version and I don't know where the "Section 179" is. Do you mean inside form 4562, part 1?

IsabellaG
Expert Alumni

Yes, you would see separate Forms 4562 for each activity which produced a Section 179 carryover. Since you are using a Desktop version of TurboTax, you should be able to access the forms in your return by going to Forms mode in the upper right hand corner of your screen.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I have two 4562 forms. One of them has the 552 and the other doesn't have anything else, so I am not sure why it says that it doesn't add up.

4562-1.png4562-2.png

IsabellaG
Expert Alumni

That is strange. Maybe you can enter zero on the other Form 4562 rather than leaving it blank?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies