turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Reject Code FW2-505-01 This Reject Code keeps popping up everytime I try to file my tax return. All info is correct, it has been revised several times. Any answers?

"For each of your W-2's, review the Employer ID Number (EIN) to ensure that it has been entered correctly. If necessary, contact the employer to make sure the Employer EIN is accurately reported on the W-2 that they issued." Is this the only way on to help fix the problem? What if I cannot contact the employer?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Reject Code FW2-505-01 This Reject Code keeps popping up everytime I try to file my tax return. All info is correct, it has been revised several times. Any answers?

you'll need to paper file your return and include form 4852.  leave the employer's EIN blank on the 4852.

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4852.pdf 

on line 10 state that the EIN is invalid reject code FW2-505 

when you paper file be sure to use a method where you're notified of delivery. be sure to attach all W-2s and any other forms required.

Problem: The IRS has rejected your Federal Tax Return because your EIN or Employer Identification Number on one of your W-2s is issued after the tax year.

Solution: Contact your employer and ask for the correct EIN for the current tax year you are filing.

the employer should issue a w-2c if you can contact them 

if you are due a refund, it could take the IRS more than 6 months to issue it since they will first have to get to your return and then try to contact the employer.

you should make every effort to get hold of the employer and get a corrected w-2 (w-2c)

Great! Will try to find the employer's contact information.

So on the W-2 form (line b) , do I also leave the employer's EIN blank?

Or still have everything filled out, while also sending form 4852 when paper filing my return.

@brianmolina1191 -f you paper file, leave it blank, but again try to get the right nunber from the employer - 

did you work for this employer in 2020? do you have the a W-2 from the prior year? the EIN will be the same. 

As noted, if you paper file, you are looking at 6-9 months until it is processed, so best to try to efile if at all poassible 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies