Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cchampion

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Refund delay

I received a letter asking for an 8962 form after submitting a 1095-A.  I have done that (which was included in my original filing) and now my refund has been in a "still processing" status for a month and a half.  Any ideas?  TurboTax is asking for me to pay my filing fees out of pocket because nothing has been updated regarding my refund as well?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I've contacted turbo tax about this and was told to call them in a few days before the bill is due and ask for a deferral, which will reset it for another 21 days

VictorW9
Expert Alumni

The IRS wants you to fill out the form 8962 using form 1095 A to claim the premium tax credit. So, you may need to fill out form 8962 completely and send it back to the address stipulated on the letter or you can also fax the form 8962 to the fax number provided. You will need to comply with the instructions for IRS to continue processing your refund.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I received my request to fill out a 8962 on March 3, 2020. I filled it out and faxed it back on March 9, 2020. I faxed it so I had proof that it was received. It is now May 28, 2020 and every time I check my status it says it is still being processed. Is it normal for it to take this long or should I be calling someone and if so who do I call?

VictoriaD75
Expert Alumni

The IRS was closed for return processing for some time to focus on the economic stimulus payments. They have resumed normal operations and are now processing returns. You will have to be patient as the IRS works on getting caught up. Continue to track the progress through the IRS Check my Refund Status link.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies