turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

READ THIS: Stimulus and TurboTax Card!!!

They could have taken the proper routes to inform their customers instead of having generic answers like “we do not know, here’s a link to the IRS website, good luck”, so that people who don’t have multiple bank accounts could take the the steps to open a legit account and have their information ready to enter. Many people don’t have this information and will be waiting for their deposits, sitting on their thumbs. TurboTax could have at least sent out an email to everyone who paid for their fees out of their refunds and told them the steps they would have to take. 

Paying for the fees with your refund is 100% the deciding factor. 

Yes mine did the same . Was confused thought I was the only one ! Any updates?

@tmomma25 

Was it the last four of your social?

I checked my status it says bank deposit to an account with the last 4 of my social ... anybody else having issues???

@Cmead09 ok, then tell me how they were supposed to know that...smart guy... they gave the information they had and then updated that information when they had it... what more do you want? Can you tell me how much I'm getting paid next week? No you can't because you don't have that information... if they had that information then prove it... there are poor families that don't have bank accounts that have to wait several more weeks to get theirs... be happy you're getting anything at all

They absolutely had that information. I’ve been looking into this for days pal, I’ve had multiple people call their support line and they gave each one different answers. My original post was one of the answers. I’m not going to waste my time going back and forth with you. This is the facts, this is what happened, people can make their own judgements. 

I’m not concerned about my money, I’m concerned about the people who can’t put **bleep**ing food on the table because of this. 

Siearra00

U can update with a pre paid card like Walmart money card or open a chime account. I used a walmart money card just waiting for update but it did accept it. Never use turbo tax again.

They got different answers because there was no official word. Only workers giving their best guess/opinion. I've been following too.  Use your common sense "pal". You don't have the answers either.  Only your opinion. If what you're saying about paying fees is true than prove it.  Otherwise your answer is no better than the generic answer everyone else has been given. Stop spouting false information based on opinion and give people facts. 

Straight from the middleman bank that TurboTax used. Look it up keyboard warrior 

Soooo... which information are you giving these people? Straight from the "middleman" bank? Or are you giving information based on ONE of the answers you got from other people calling the support line of a company that didn't have the answers to begin with? Post some proof. Otherwise your answer is just as useless as the rest of the information these people have been given. Grow up kid. Name calling will get you nowhere fast. Be a man and handle your business as such. 

@tford0219 I believe you are temporarily locked out you will need to key in your total adjusted amount income AGI from your tax return paperwork, if you don’t have it you can log into TurboTax view a copy of your return it’s on the 1040 page line 8b and also your original total refund amount before any fees taken out. It’s not too late I believe you have 2 days. 

When I went to Get My Payment App it gave me the option to enter my direct deposit information do to IRS NOT HAVING my direct deposit info on file and that it will be sent shortly and would receive an email or can check the website for updates.
So if you tried the get my payment link and received a message stating you were receiving the refund to be sent to the last 4 digits of an account number that matches to the in the last 4 digits of your ssn, that means your stimulus payment is scheduled and will be mailed out.

See in parenthesis

(Get My Payment” cannot update bank account information after an Economic Impact Payment has been scheduled for delivery. To help protect against potential fraud, the tool also does not allow people to change bank account information already on file with the IRS.) 

(Sorry that sucks I am in the boat myself of having to wait for my refund to be deposited after entering my deposit info because I used Turbocard with advance refund)-good luck 

jen smith
Returning Member

You are correct. Filed my taxes in Jan 2020, Got the refund advance on a Turbo card, then received my the rest of my refund. Fees were taken out of my refund.  Was not able to log into my Turbocard acct this morning, so i immediately went to the payment portal off the IRS site and sure enough, It said: "Need to verify banking information" So i updated it with my main bank , not Green Dot, the bank listed on the turbotax card website that the card is drawn off of. And now my payment will go into my main bank acct. When? It did not say.

Yes. I'm going to try again once my 24hours is up, lol. Hopefully, it works this time because I was entering my info correctly.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies