turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Program updates - download version 2019

I have been using TT since 1987 (32 Years) and never had to call Customer Support for anything. I cannot see why they do not have a link that works to see that the Program Fixes are repairing. I had many problems getting my taxes out. Thankfully I saved my completed taxes as a copy at another place on February 20th, 2020. i was waiting until March to file, to see if there was any other things would come in. When I opened it in March the program crashed. After two 2 hour sessions with TT, and a 3 hour session with Microsoft. I finally uninstalled TT with another program trying to get rid of all the excess files and registry information. Still did not work, Uninstalled again. Opened REGEDIT and manually deleted over 50 registry items relating to TT, Installed the Windows 10 from an .iso file Microsoft had me download. Reinstalled TT, copied the files I had saved at another place on Feb 20th, was then finally able to edit one change to the taxes. I then tried to file the taxes and when entering my Credit Card number to file the States, it again crashed. I finally filed my Federal online and printed the state taxes and sent it in by mail.

Little to no help from TT people.

to     K9CHUCK  (one week ago)

<< H&R BlockTax ActTax Slayer. And look - Rakuten has cash back rebates of 8% , 7.5% and 37.5% respectively.>>

I know Rakuten from my state.  How are they related to those tax programs?  Just wondering.

As for thread, I have same issue, with most current for 3/12 (2)  & 3/20. One is Federal and 3/12 for a Program Update and a State Update.

Customer Service or phone Reps are experiencing a lot of turnover I imagine, like the health insurance companies (I know they experience this), or even Verizon, or anywhere really.  The rules have become so complicated and constantly changing. Difficult to keep up. One rep tells you one thing, another has different info.   Not trained long enough, or don’t receive their own support. Then can't handle customers' frustrations...  so they quit. And around it goes.  Sad problem these days.  Everything is too complicated.

I guess the Return file date is delayed now...

But really, Turbo.  This one isn't the most difficult item to correct. No less, comprehend the inquiries here!

Anyone know about  freetaxusa.com  ?  They guide you through all the forms just like Turbo.  I did a daughter's Return and the refund amount was within $2 of Turbo's results.  Not sure it would handle my Home & Business info.   Checking if anyone knows this site/program?  (free submit for federal; about $12 for a State efile)   Interesting.

Hey, best to everyone.  Stay home!!

Massachusetts

Very bad answer, TT.

If that is the case. FIX the link. 

It doesn't matter whether it's the download version or CD version, the link does not work and for the last I don't know how many years has NEVER worked.  You can never find out what was changed, TT this is BS, it's time this was fixed, get off your collective asses and do what your customers want!

Wow, I see this critical update non-information problem thread has been going on for several weeks.  I filed my federal and state taxes 4-5 days ago and I just opened TurboTax to see if there were any critical updates that might change something to cause me to have to file an amended return.  Like everyone else, I clicked on the link in my TT software to find out exactly what has been changed and it took me to a broken webpage just now.  I have no idea what was updated or if submitting my return prior to this update will trigger an audit.

Why in the world cannot you TurboTax people get this fixed???  All we want is to know the details of what was done in each of these updates to see if it affects our tax returns.  Good grief!

Since our posts seem to be going into a deep dark hole at TurboTax, I have been using the following stop-gap process. Fortunately, I had made a paper copy of my Federal and state returns and also had saved pdf’s right after I filed. So, after the program updates itself, I compare the bottom-line tax results with those on my saved returns. So far, they have been the same, leaving some comfort that things are ok.
BUT, the real fix is for TT to tell us what changed. They must know what changes are being made and why. This is truly irresponsible behavior on TT’s part. 

Maybe if everyone in this thread tweets to @YourVoiceAtIRS which is the Taxpayer Advocates office they will pay attention.  

@Reggieng @massachusetts1 @FrnkSen 

I, too, have been using TurboTax for a long time. Ever since the program disks were 5 1/4 inch floppies. The link to see what the updates change hasn't worked in several years, it just goes off to their generic support page or this year it's a bad link. I've reverted to the same strategy mentioned in a recent post, checking the bottom line refund (or amount due) and, if that hasn't changed assume the best. I haven't had any problem installing updates, importing returns from the previous year or filing tax returns. I do, however, agree; if these problems continue I'm going to look for a different tax program.

I posted this before I read the remainder of the comments.  I definitely agree, this is poor customer service from one of the "largest" and highly rated tax programs.

PeterBonanos
Returning Member

I have a 64bit iMac OS Catalina. I bought Turbotax Deluxe 2019  from Costco online today. As it download, a small flag said I was getting a 32 bit. Can I fix it?

@Reggieng  Thank you!  That's exactly what I'm going to do.  Keep checking back even after I file.  And this is likely my final year using TT.  Going round and round on a Sch E/Sch A issue and I just found a discrepancy between what IRS says about Sch E and what TT says.  I'll manually make the fix myself on worksheet and review the forms carefully before filing.

And the comparison won't stop until next year... this year when I installed 2019 there was an update for 2018 that showed almost $600 mistake in what TT did on my CA state return last year requiring me to amend to get the rest of my refund.  A good issue to work through and thank God it wasn't more tax (and penalty) due.  So moral is keep checking the bottom line every couple of weeks and then again next year because THEY ARE NOT SENDING EMAILS with notification of updates any more than they provide the correct link or RELEASE NOTES.  I checked everywhere and got no reply to my post about it several weeks ago.

Just download the app it's alot easier to use 

I am also having same problem in getting what the new Federal updates are.  It direct's me to a new page which then direct's me to this page that I am responding on.  WHAT GOES? 

People, give up. You will NEVER get details of the updates. They haven't provided the details for last two or three years.  Focus on getting them to get rid of the update message and link so we all stop looking.

If you want to fix it, vote with your mouse next year.  If never used any other tax program since Intuit bought MacInTax in the 80's so don't know if they are any good, but worth a try.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies