turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

JCinMA

Problem with Massachusetts Schedule CMS

Hello, I'm a long time TurboTax user and I'm trying to complete my 2021 Massachusetts State Tax Return.  This year I received a PTE Tax Credit on Form SK-1 via a MA S Corp that I have an ownership interest in.   To claim the credit and apply it against my 2021 MA tax liability I need to fill out Section 3 of Schedule CMS.  The problem is that when I get to Box 3b I am need to enter the credit type as "ELTCRD" but TurboTax does not include this as an option.   I can enter ELTCRD into Section 4, but this is the wrong section since I want to use the credit to reduce my current year tax liabilty and according to my understanding of the Schedule CMS Instructions I need to put the amount into Section 3.  How do I solve this?  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

You are probably going to have to contact Support for this.

What is the TurboTax phone number? (intuit.com)

talexson

Did you ever get this solved?  I'm having the same issue as the instructions seem to say that you need to enter this in section 3 to reduce your liability to zero... ELTCRD is not showing as an option in section 3 and is giving an error if I leave it blank...

Cruise2024
Returning Member

I just tried to efile and Turbotax wouldn't let me file until I fixed it....So, I reported it as an "EAOC" credit instead of "ELTCRD" and wrote the MA DOR telling them about the problem.  I had read somewhere that MA DOR wanted us to include a copy of the 3K-1 with our return so I attached that to the email, too.  

Sure wish Turbotax would make it easy on us and fix this. 

(Our 2021 3K-1, line 41 reported a total and a refundable part on (d) and (e), the difference being "NON-refundable."
The drop down choices did not work for their non-refundable credit calculation so we included it as an "EAOC" credit. This is NOT an EAOC credit. However, the bottom line tax calculation would not change even if it could have been properly recorded.)

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies