turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

JEN738

How do i get proof i filed an extension?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
DanaB
Expert Alumni

Please see this FAQ on how to print a copy of Form 4868 (extension) for your records:
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't see what you are talking about. The link brought me to a general topics page and searching for your description yields nothing useful. I feel like turbo tax makes simple stuff like this impossible!

@Anonymous   You added on to a 3  year  (or more) thread.  The links might not be current now.  Here's how to get the 4868

https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/printers-printing/print-4868-extension-form-e-filing-turbotax-easy/L6MJM5wAT_US_en_US?uid=l8xmv8it 

@Anonymous And....who do you need the proof of the extension for?   If the IRS accepted your request for an extension you do not have to prove it to the IRS.  They already know.   You do not have to send anything special with your tax return to remind them that you had an extension.   Or do you need to show something to someone else....like a lender?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies