turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I downloaded TurboTax 2017 for Mac; it was working fine until I tried to e-file. It told me I needed to update the program first, which I did, and now it won't load.

When I updated the program, it appeared to update fine, but every time I try to open TurboTax it says it is verifying the update and promptly crashes. It won't even open at all.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
GPahwa

I downloaded TurboTax 2017 for Mac; it was working fine until I tried to e-file. It told me I needed to update the program first, which I did, and now it won't load.

Please follow below mentioned steps to do basic clean-up for TurboTax Mac application. You would need an active internet connection (wired connection is preferred) for below mentioned steps.

1. Close TurboTax application by pressing Command + Q keys. 

2. Single click on empty area on Desktop and press Command + Shift + G keys. Type ~/Library in text field and click "Go". 

3. Now, navigate to  "Application Support" directory and select "TurboTax Deluxe 2017". Remove "Forms" directory under it by dragging it to Trash.

4. Navigate back to Library directory (using back button "< icon" on Title bar or follow step #2) and select "Caches" directory. Remove "com.intuit.turbotax.2017" and "TurboTax Deluxe 2017" directories by dragging them to trash.

5. Empty Mac OS Trash directory by right click on Trash Icon and select "Empty Trash" option.

6. Restart your mac machine. Check internet connectivity on you machine.

8. Launch TurboTax Deluxe 2017 application by navigating to /Applications directory.

9. Let Product & Formset update to download & install, if available any.

10. Ideally, it should address your problem.

booneskd

This worked for me! Thanks!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies