turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Remmie5

Official COVID-19 (Coronavirus) stimulus payment thread

Prior to 2017 my AGI was always less than $75K. Last year I had a weird situation where my AGI was over $100K due to an inheritance received from a deceased relative. This year I'm back to an AGI even less than $50K. I just filed my taxes today. Can I assume the government has already determined from my 2018 return I'm ineligible for the $1200 stimulus check, or is there a way to alert them to look at my 2019 taxes as a more realistic estimate of my regular income?

@claudiagarcia714 wrote:

Does anyone know why I would only receive $1200 and not the extra $500 for my 14 year old daughter? I just got it this morning but only $1200.

Thanks 

Contact the IRS about the missing payment when you receive their letter .

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center

For security reasons, the IRS plans to mail a letter about the economic impact payment to the taxpayer’s last known address within 15 days after the payment is paid. The letter will provide information on how the payment was made and how to report any failure to receive the payment. If a taxpayer is unsure they’re receiving a legitimate letter, the IRS urges taxpayers to visit IRS.gov first to protect against scam artists.

Irs should have those bank accounts if for some reason its sent to SBTG rhey will try to gather your information and send back to IRS to reissue if for some reason they cant send back to IRS they will deposit as a refund and charge fees . Visit SBTG page

The irs doesn't have Sbt account info they have your info. Santa Barbara uses software that pulls the fee out. It just like when you have a wage assignment your whole check doesn't go to that places account they intercect and take their money. But it is actually deposited into the account on the turbo card.

@DoninGA  what bank did yours come thru ?

I understand the irs doesnt sbtg info i understand that sbtg is third  party they took their fees deposited the balance in my checking account their been alot confusing if those direct deposits concerning account if if irs would have which they should their on your tax documents if you requested DD

I haven't got mine yet but on my tax return it has the same number as my turbo cards direct deposit. Meaning the irs has are banking info

It is tubotax card vise it green dot  card

I'm taking it no one has seen any movement

Ok I'll take that as a no

ChiTown68
Returning Member

Nothing in Illinois. Hopefully tonight.  

If you used the refund advancement feature with a prepaid card from TurboTax:

CC2E38D4-A02A-40D9-BF1C-37DCD39B5250.jpeg

Hi so I have a question.. My wife paper filed with you guys because she didnt have her ip pin and the irs is processing it but still need to verify her idenity and the irs isnt taking phone calls because of whats going on right now.. She doesnt have the things they ask for to get her pin online so what can she do. We really need her stimulas check so idk if she is going to still get it until they verify her identity but idk anyone know what she could do? Thanks

I received my refund direct deposit via SBTPC in turbo tax because I had my preparation fees deducted from my federal return. Does this affect my stimulus payment processing?

Kivawiva
Returning Member

I have no income and did not file in 2018 or 2019. I submitted my info using the TurboTax registration tool...do I *also* need to file on the IRS portal? Or should I?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies