Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

DMarkM1
Expert Alumni

Official COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and extension thread

Yes, the IRS has your checking account information, however no specific information about using quarterly payment information has been published yet.  Here is a page to monitor for updates.  Note the IRS is working a portal solution that may apply, but more to follow on that.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
brandonmccoll198
Returning Member

Will my stlimus check come on my turbo card from last year

DavidD66
Expert Alumni

We are still waiting for the IRS to finalize guidance regarding how people who received refunds on a the Turbo Card will be distributed.  We will have more information once the government finalizes the details.

In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates:

IRS Coronavirus Tax Relief

TurboTax Corona Virus Tax Center Updates

Sherrymcknight
Returning Member

If I got my taxes on a turbo tax card , will I get my stimulus on a turbo tax card

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

This has not been determined yet.  Follow this site for updates:  https://www.sbtpg.com/coronavirus-stimulus-payment-info/

My taxes are complete using TT Premier but not filed electronically yet

I owe zero federal income tax and am not due a refund either, consequently I have no way to complete Form 8888 and file electronically to enable my stimulus check to be deposited directly to my bank account.

Will there be a TT update to enable users to complete Form 8888 manually in situations like this?

Did you file last year (2018) and did you owe/get a refund and supply direct deposit info? If so they have already said they will use the 2018 tax year data.

The same situation applies to 2018 with zero due and zero refund. I checked back to 2015 and direct deposit account  section is xxxxxxxx on all of them.

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

On March 30, the I.R.S. said on its website that it would build a portal where people can update their information “in the coming weeks.”

According to the bill, you will get a paper notice in the mail no later than a few weeks after your payment has been disbursed. That notice will contain information about where the payment ended up and in what form it was made. If you couldn’t locate the payment at that point, it would be time to contact the I.R.S. using the information on the notice.

>>>>ohnB5677

On March 30, the I.R.S. said on its website that it would build a portal where people can update their information “in the coming weeks.”

ME>>>  I am afraid that you will only be able to update your direct deposit information if you haven't already filed, that if you already filed, and don't currently have your direct deposit information with them, that there won't be a way to update your direct deposit information...in the same way that you can't using turbotax.  When they report you can update your direct deposit information, they are assuming you haven't already filed.

I am in same boat...i filed both in 2018 and 2019, but since i didn't owe or get a refund, no direct deposit information was provided.  I am guessing that the web portal once stood up will only allow those that have not already filed to update direct deposit information...i hope i am wrong....but right now, using turbotax, you can't update your direct deposit info unless you haven't already filed.

annworley

I already filed. I didn’t use TurboTax because it charged extra for my tiny 1099-INT. I did not owe. How can I update my direct deposit information with the IRS?

@annworley wrote:

I already filed. I didn’t use TurboTax because it charged extra for my tiny 1099-INT. I did not owe. How can I update my direct deposit information with the IRS?

If you have filed a 2019 tax return and need to change or add your direct deposit information, see this IRS website - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know
The IRS does not have my direct deposit information. What can I do?
In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.

If you already filed, there is NO WAY to update your direct deposit info.  Neither turbotax or the irs portal will allow you update your direct deposit info...you will just have to wait for a paper check.

zw1996

I just filed my 2019 tax return and will be receiving less than the full federal stimulus payment based on my 2019 income.  My 2018 income would have qualified me for the entire stimulus.  The difference between the two is quite significant.  Is there anyway to qualify for the full stimulus check having already submitted my 2019 return?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies