Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Joelz1
Returning Member

Official COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and extension thread

Can you please update my payment for order EFECB26726919 till April 10th? I get paid on the 10th and it would be better for it to come out on that date.

@Joelz1 wrote:

Can you please update my payment for order EFECB26726919 till April 10th? I get paid on the 10th and it would be better for it to come out on that date.

You will have to call the phone number on the TurboTax email you received to make payment arrangements.

Yeah I was wondering if you guys would offer an extension on payments because I’m literally broke because of this covid-19 pandemic and I have a payment due on the 6th of April. 

lesterjaygolden
Returning Member

I have no problem with printing and mailing the return from Latvia.  But how can I choose to have the TT platform do my 2018 instead of 2019 return?  Thanks for your help.

@lesterjaygolden wrote:

I have no problem with printing and mailing the return from Latvia.  But how can I choose to have the TT platform do my 2018 instead of 2019 return?  Thanks for your help.

As stated previously -

To complete and file a 2018 tax return using TurboTax you would need to purchase, download and install on a personal computer one of the 2018 desktop editions from this website - https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products/

Zimmsh

I'm trying to figure out how I don't get w2 forms. I receive SSI benefits but I have them deposit my check in my card. But I'm trying to figure out how to give you the info for my bank. So they can deposit that into my account. I have all the info for my card. 

dbuending

This is the third or fourth time i have mentioned this.  Minnesota changed its Payment due date to 7/15/2020, TT still will only allow for payment on 4/15/2020.  This must be fixed!  Here is the announcement again:

Having trouble viewing this email? View it as a Web page.

In line with the state’s continued peacetime emergency response to COVID-19, the Minnesota Department of Revenue has announced that taxpayers filing their annual Minnesota Individual Income Tax return for tax year 2019 now have until Wednesday, July 15, 2020, to file and make their payments without any penalties or interest.

When must I file and pay my 2019 individual income taxes?
Both the IRS and Revenue will accept individual income tax returns through July 15, 2020, without assessing penalties or interest.

Why is the department offering more time to make payment?
As Minnesota responds to the COVID-19 situation, the State of Minnesota is providing this filing and payment grace period for 2019 to those who need it. We encourage Minnesotans who expect refunds to file as soon as they are ready.

We also encourage Minnesotans who do not need extra time to pay, to file and pay as soon as possible to do your part in providing on-going support to COVID-19 response across the state.

Are 2020 estimated state income tax payments included in this grace period?
This grace period does not include state estimated tax payments for individual income taxes due April 15, 2020, for the 2020 tax year.

Are Minnesota’s corporate franchise tax payments included in this grace period?
While the Minnesota due date of April 15, 2020 has not changed, under current Minnesota law, corporations receive an automatic extension to file their state return to the later of November 15, 2020, or the date of any federal extension to file.

Have the Minnesota partnership, fiduciary, or S-corporation income tax payment deadlines changed?
While the Minnesota due date of April 15, 2020 has not changed, under current Minnesota law, partnerships, fiduciaries, and S-corporations receive an automatic extension to file their state return to the date of any federal extension to file.

What if I cannot file or pay by July 15, 2020?
You may request relief from other late-file or late-pay penalties, additional tax charges, or interests, for reasonable cause or the state of emergency declarations by the president and governor due to COVID-19. You may request relief after being notified of a penalty.

What if I have other questions?
If you have questions about this new income tax payment deadline, please contact us:

See Our Response to COVID-19 on our website. For general questions, call us at [phone number removed] or [phone number removed] (toll-free), or use our email form.

See the IRS Response to COVID-19 on the IRS website.

@dbuending 

TurboTax is already aware of all the states which have changed or are in the process of changing their filing dates and their state tax payment dates.

See this TurboTax support FAQ - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/state-tax-relief-for-covid-19/01/1355275

The state software will be updated as soon as possible.

Turbo tax has calculated that I owe a penalty and interest for underpayment of my 2019 tax.  Does the COVID act relieve me from paying this penalty and interest, or does it only allow for a deferment of the penalty payment till July?

The penalty, interest and balance due are deferred until 7/15. 

I am not sure i registered my direct deposit info correctly.

I found a link that said it allowed me to update my direct deposit (intuit.com/stimulus-check) and i checked the box that said i already filed, and i went through the process and it now says it is pending, but I already filed and it sounded like it was a NEW FILE for 2019.   I filed manually (not through turbotax) but since i am low income and did not pay taxes, I did not provide direct deposit information.   After i went through the entire process at turbo-tax, it said at the end, if you already filed you need to do an ammended return, but i selected that I already filed a return.  I am afraid it will be rejected because I already filed a return, and will still somehow need to update my direct deposit info so i can get my stimuls check?????  Can you please check your records...i am sure it will show it thinks it did a new return for 2019, but i already sent one manually...HELP PLEASE??

Same situation here - you have a 60 day window to reverse (roll back the amount into the IRA). I have not seen any exception to that general rule. Will keep looking though. More complicated if you took RMD from an Inherited IRA. I actually think that can not be undone, but there is conflicting commentary in other blogs I read. 

Re-characterization of a ROTH conversion CANNOT be reversed any longer ...

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/retirement/03/092403.asp

I have a question on similar lines...

I know I qualify for the check, but that being said, I'm not sure whether the IRS has my direct deposit info available to them on whatever system they use.

On my 2019 return, which I filed early Jan, I didn't receive a tax refund, but instead had to pay taxes. The way I filed and paid them was obviously through TurboTax and the direct debit (not deposit) option.

When I went to check my return (in order to confirm everything was right), I noticed line 21b-c-d on form 1040 had the information for a refund empty, which at the time I figured was normal since I wouldn't be receiving a refund, but would have to pay instead.

That being said, at this point I'm unsure whether that means the IRS has the information for my stimulus-check/deposit available to them or not since all sites I check along with the IRS's page say the information on returns for 2019 (or 2018) would be used (and mine wasn't included in my return, but was used as an online direct debit option).

That being said, there is no previous returns I can fall on for them to have my information since 2019 was my first filing.

I know I could give them a call to confirm, and I've been trying, but I don't know if it's because of Coronavirus, but I haven't been able to get through ANY of the phone numbers listed in the IRS's site.

gregsisk

I use Turbo Tax. I pay quarterly taxes, using the IRS website. The taxes are paid by electronic debit of my checking account. By using that method, the IRS has my checking account info, right? 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies