turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

O or no basis cost

I want TurboTax to write a routine to have 0 or no cost basis on stocks accepted for the 20 - 30 stocks I inherited. Every year I've had to manually enter 0 individually for each of the stocks. It should be unnecessary with a subprogram that asks if all missing cost basis' are 0, and then enter 0 for each missing entry. I know there must be thousands of us with this annoying requirement. TT could easily fix this, taking such a little cost from its billions of profit.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

O or no basis cost

Differentiate on your Schedule D Input sheet by ST versus LT - just two entries with accurate totals and that will work. Please try that and let me know as this has been a very successful work a round for even the most "sophisticated" of programs.

O or no basis cost

Thanks for the reply. I thought I'd answered yesterday, but this is a more formal process. Your answer implies that I must do some manual entry for this financial statement. I'll have to figure out  with my adviser how to do this. Don't have to do this with my E Jones account, just the MS acct.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies