turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jopluck

I'm working on 2016 taxes and I can't get Turbotax to bring over my ItsDeductible. I have different User IDs for Turbotax and ItsDeductible. Says user not found, Why?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I'm working on 2016 taxes and I can't get Turbotax to bring over my ItsDeductible. I have different User IDs for Turbotax and ItsDeductible. Says user not found, Why?

Note for Online Software Users: 

IF your ItsDeductible account has a UserID that is differnet from the UserID you are using for your tax account, then, when you attempt to download your ItsDeductible data , it will either

... a) not find an account, or

.... b)...perhaps open the ITsDeductible file that does have the same UserID, but it's not the one that you used to store your 2016 data in.

While the early releases of the software appeared to indicate that you can import ItsDeductible data from an account with a different UserID, that option is currently not working and may not be allowed this year. 

Going forward, should you decide to continue to use ItsDeductible, I would encourage you to only record your ItsDeductible donations in an account that has the same UserID as your tax account. 

Unfortunately, this is going to cause you extra manual entry work this year, putting your donations directly into the tax software, unless you want to wait a month or two to see if TTX developers or management decide to change it.....no promises that they will.

(Desktop software users do not have this limitation)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Note for Online Software Users: 

IF your ItsDeductible account has a UserID that is differnet from the UserID you are using for your tax account, then, when you attempt to download your ItsDeductible data , it will either

... a) not find an account, or

.... b)...perhaps open the ITsDeductible file that does have the same UserID, but it's not the one that you used to store your 2016 data in.

While the early releases of the software appeared to indicate that you can import ItsDeductible data from an account with a different UserID, that option is currently not working and may not be allowed this year. 

Going forward, should you decide to continue to use ItsDeductible, I would encourage you to only record your ItsDeductible donations in an account that has the same UserID as your tax account. 

Unfortunately, this is going to cause you extra manual entry work this year, putting your donations directly into the tax software, unless you want to wait a month or two to see if TTX developers or management decide to change it.....no promises that they will.

(Desktop software users do not have this limitation)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
JCH123

I just spent an hour with a customer service rep and there is no work around for this problem. Why did they change it??? Please fix this Intuit!!!! SO MUCH work to have to redo if you don't!
jrarose

I just wasted an hour and a half with tech support pleading with them to allow me to update my user id and password on my ItsDeductible login to match my TurboTax Premier 2016 user id/password.  Why would Intuit release new software without testing it or communicating a work around?  Using this software for 10 years and am very disappointed.
gmartinor

My thoughts exactly!
olemiss_3

My problem as well! Come on Intuit, this is not fair to loyal customers.
dsiegal

Turbotax and It's Deductible started out as separate programs, so of course many people -- especially those who are security minded -- would have distinct usernames for each. Still, importing from one to the other, even with distinct usernames, worked up until last year. Now it doesn't.  I suppose Intuit has it's reasons for changing this behavior. But couldn't they have warned us in advance so we wouldn't have wasted our time entering our donations into an incompatible account?

It's particularly disappointing that Intuit would hamstring people for being charitable.
BradM2
Returning Member

Intuit has put themselves in a liability mode here by removing the access to Its Deductible by its customers...it was not even designed by them...real bad situation.  Possible class action lawsuit potential here.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies