turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Nonresident Spouse has no income - need to submit some income declaration form with joint return?

Hi, I am US citizen with foreign spouse. We live overseas. I am about ready to mail a joint return along with a W-7 and a statement of election for spouse to be considered US citizen for tax purposes, but wanted to be sure I didn't forget anything.  My spouse has no income to report. Do I still need to fill out some form declaring no income? If so, what form(s)?

thanks

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nonresident Spouse has no income - need to submit some income declaration form with joint return?

there is no form to indicate spouse has no income.   a spouse with no income is not uncommon regardless of whether the spouse is a US citizen or not.  literally the filing of the return reporting no income for your spouse is the declaration.  

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

there is no form to indicate spouse has no income.   a spouse with no income is not uncommon regardless of whether the spouse is a US citizen or not.  literally the filing of the return reporting no income for your spouse is the declaration.  

Great, thanks!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies