Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Is TurboTax Business available for Mac?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

15 Replies

No, sorry.  TurboTax for Business is a Windows-only product; there is no Mac version.    And it is only available as a desktop product (CD/download.)  There is not an online version.

I'm not a Mac user, so I don't know much about Parallels or Bootcamp or other programs to run Windows programs on Macs, but I've read other threads in this forum that it can be done.

Too bad - you lose a lot of business that way.

Ron777

I agree that's bad.  Sure wish you had a Mac version ??  Seems like a big void in your product line.

CAB54

This is a HUGE miss for Intuit.  I have used Turbo Tax (different levels and state packages) to do my family taxes every year.  This year I'm in the middle of 2 estates and NO TURBO TAX??   What?  Now you leave the door open to competition.  I now need to hunt for another tax preparation package to do the Estate.  THEN I will be evaluating, while using it, if it is better than my current product of at least 15 years!  Who ever the product manager is that decided NOT to invest in the MAC version is extremely short sided.  

This is really frustrating. I already paid for TurboTax for Business but my Windows machine died. I bought a Mac to replace it and now I can't use the software I already paid a lot of money for - pretty angry.

@soadfhasodjf wrote:

This is really frustrating. I already paid for TurboTax for Business but my Windows machine died. I bought a Mac to replace it and now I can't use the software I already paid a lot of money for - pretty angry.

Go to this TurboTax website to request a refund for the software purchased from TurboTax - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/forms/refund-request.jsp

sickelb

Yes, I totally agree that Turbo Tax needs to invest in a Business Product for MAC.  Especially since I only use Parallels for Turbo Tax and I will be forced to upgrade to Windows 8 or higher before I can do my taxes for 2020.

Just also just realizing as I am preparing to meet the July 15th deadline. Interested to know what others switched to. 

Holly1234

I"m searching for something for my S-Corp that is compatible with Mac. What did you end up with?

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

All Turbo Tax Business products are only available in Windows. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

You can probably run the Windows Business program on a Mac using a Windows Emulator like Parallels. But you would have to buy a copy of Windows to install in it.   Google Windows on Mac to get articles on the various  options

One of the other users posted this, There are 4 popular products you can use: Parallels, VMWare Fusion, Oracle VirtualBox, or CrossOver. The first 3 require you to also buy a copy of Windows. The first 2 cost $50-80, the third is free. CrossOver also costs about $50-$80 but does NOT require you to buy Windows.

algrove

Me too. Just found out my old MS computer with windows 8.1 no longer OK. What no Mac version? Get with it.

@algrove wrote:

Me too. Just found out my old MS computer with windows 8.1 no longer OK. What no Mac version? Get with it.

The 2021 TurboTax desktop software supports Windows 8.1 and higher.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for TurboTax desktop software for Windows minimum requirements - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/product-system-requirements/minimum-syst...

TurboTax has made a business decision that they will not provide a Mac version for the Business Edition.

Stupid choice.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies