turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

No email address and phone number on 1040?

How do I enter an email address and phone number to appear in the Sign Here part of form 1040/1040SR?  The 1040/1040SR Wks has the correct phone number, but it is not copied to the 1040-SR that I print to file.  The phone number was not copied onto the 2018 1040, but it was copied correctly onto the 2017 1040.  I cannot find any place to enter an email address on the personal or federal information worksheets in either step-by-step or forms view.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

To best resolve this issue, please click here to get in contact with customer care. Please be sure to enter the correct product, edition, and a detailed description of your issue. If you see a message that says "We can't find an answer to your issue", please click the "Try Something Else" drop down. Once you fill out the form you will be given a service ticket number and a phone number to contact customer care.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

19 Replies
KarenM90
Intuit Alumni

You will need to change this information within your TurboTax Account:

While you are signed in to Turbo Tax, on the bottom left, click on Intuit Account.

*Locate the Phone section and click on EDIT.

*Next to your phone number, click the work Change.

*Change your phone number and enter your password again. This will change your phone number.

To edit your email address, (while you are in your TurboTax Account) click edit to the right of the Email address line.

Enter your new email address and confirm it.

Enter your password and choose Save.

Thanks for the response.  The email and phone number in my TT account are correct.  I don't understand what that has to do with the email and phone not being entered in the 1040 in TT Deluxe installed on my PC?  The Fed Info Wks contains the correct phone number that should be entered on the 1040.  As far as I can find, there is no place to enter an email address for use on the 1040.  Also, the phone/email in my TT account may not be the ones I want on the 1040.

As with the other inquirer, no, that does not fix the issue. The phone number shown on worksheet is not being transferred to form 1040 nor is my e-mail address.

Anonymous
Not applicable

In the Desktop Software, you can go to Forms mode and input/override that information on your 1040. Here is How to switch to forms mode.

Again, no, neither phone number nor e-mail address are on the Forms version of Form 1040. "Daytime Phone No." is on the 1040/140SR Wks, but it's not transferring to the 1040 for e-filing.

BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

To best resolve this issue, please click here to get in contact with customer care. Please be sure to enter the correct product, edition, and a detailed description of your issue. If you see a message that says "We can't find an answer to your issue", please click the "Try Something Else" drop down. Once you fill out the form you will be given a service ticket number and a phone number to contact customer care.

I did that yesterday. 1 hour and 55 minutes with multiple support persons because the problem has no resolution. The two items are missing from TurboTax (Deluxe for Windows in my case), so it's being referred to the developers. If you go to Forms View and open Form 1040, you will not see phone number nor e-mail address, so those cannot be filled into the filing form 1040.

Until Intuit can address the issue via software, there is not much to worry about...

On Page 61 of the IRS 2019 Instructions for Form1040:

Phone Number and Email Address
"You have the option of entering your phone number and email address in the spaces provided. There will be no effect on the processing of your return if you choose not to enter this information. Note that the IRS initiates most contacts through regular mail delivered by the United States Postal Service."

So e-file away with no phone number and email address on the return.

It is very nice to see someone acknowledge there is a problem and recommend contacting support as SaulK did.  I realize that the phone/email information is not required on the 1040.  Who is going to trust a phone call from "the IRS"?  But it seem to me like it should be possible for us to enter it since it's on the 1040.

I doubt, given are optional information, it's a high priority to fix. Thank you for the citation. I was planning to file today whether fixed or not as returns are ready to e-file and we're owed both federal and state refunds. 

Galwaylad

Still not fixed in 2021 Turbotax Deluxe.

AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

@Galwaylad That information is not required to file your return but if you'd like for your information to be reviewed, please give us a call so that one of our agents can look over it for you. Contact Turbotax 

ocwrti

The online help route is useless, just a a lot questions to collect service fee BOO

Phone number is not being put on 1040 next to signature and I need to submit thsese now to maeekk deadline

Why isnt it puttinin the phone number

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies