Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

taxman2

My turbo tax intuit says i need to update my browser, but my ipad browser is already updated. It will not let me move past this message to get to my return

You can't download the App as it says it is not compatible with the software.  I have an older IPad (9.3 software )and have used Turbotax the last 2 years.  I can only do it on my phone which is a pain in the ass.  It would be so much easier on my iPad where my older eyes can see it better.  It would be nice if Intuit would fix this issue

wynn

My turbo tax intuit says i need to update my browser, but my ipad browser is already updated. It will not let me move past this message to get to my return

I have the same problem.  No help from TT.  Bogus...

KrisD15
Expert Alumni

I hope this will help, the link will tell you how to manually update TurboTax on Windows.  

Update TurboTax

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Fed up

Why do keep asking for a thumbs up?   Obviously you have not helped a single person.  Switching to a more usable company after years of using you for mine and other people’s taxes.  

I solved this problem by using EZ Tax Return instead of Intuit Turbo Tax.  Glad I made the decision, not only because the EZ Tax Return website works, but because it was only $39.99 compared to $99.98 for Intuit Turbo Tax! 

What do I need to do. To get back to my return.

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

The most effective fix is to uninstall and reinstall your mac software.

Please follow the instructions below to remove and reinstall your TurboTax software.

Remove and reinstall TurboTax for Mac

How do I get pass this annoyance? Locks me in to update my browser even though I have the latest.

This problem was the same problem last year. Can someone email me a patch to get past this screen?

Giving the system requirements is NOT the solution to the problem. If you monitor this feed, please call me at [phone number removed]. I am simply TRYING to do my taxes.

DonnaLO
Expert Alumni

If you continue to have problems please contact Technical Support using this form: 

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/ 

So don’t do it in the lyft app go to lyft.com sign into your account a you can do it there 

Go to lyft.com and do it not the app 

My computer system is too old to put on a new broswer.  I would like to file my taxes like I have for years and need to use this computer. Maybe next year I will get a new computer but for now would like to do my taxes. All calls to help line are worthless. Talking to an ignorant computer bot is ridiculous. And no so far no one has been helpful...

EVERY SINGLE TIME I try to log in, I get this message to update my browser.  I go ahead and update EVERY TIME just so I can get on with it.  This is ridiculous and needs to be fixed asap!  Or, I, too will look for another tax return application.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies