Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My taxes have been rejected saying the AGI doesnt match. but the AGI im entering is the same number i received from the IRS transcript...HELP!!!!

Forms Mode is only available in the Desktop CD/Download program.  What do you need forms for?  Do you need to fix something?

Dhanpal

My taxes have been rejected saying the AGI doesnt match. but the AGI im entering is the same number i received from the IRS transcript...HELP!!!!

Getting the same error [Reject Code IND-032-04] - Spouse AGI wasn't correct. 

1)Triple checked last years tax return - Correct AGI

2)Received IRS transcript - Correctt AGI

3)Deleted and entered AGI before submitting it

But it is keep getting rejected. Now, I need to mail via paper forms. 

Looks like I wasted $160 by paying to TurboTax , Disappointed!

Did you try entering 0 for the AGI?  When did you file 2018?

And Sorry to ask but did your spouse die in 2019? There is a problem with Efiling when one spouse died during the year.  You have print and mail your return this year. 

Don't mail in yet! Did you see my earlier post? Check if last year's AGI  AS SHOWN ON BOTH FORMS called Two Year Comparison and Tax History matches what you are trying to submit.  If not CHANGE these entries. You may have to right click and OVERRIDE one or both. Turns out these are the numbers TurboTax is filing for you instead of what you enter in the "correction" box. Come on Intuit! Fix this.

0 will not work.

Dozens of TurboTax users have this same IRS reason for their efile reject.  All seem to be dealing with a loss of their spouse. Most believe this is a problem TT should correct but stubbornly refuses to do saying it is an IRS problem.  After trying "0", transcript and "blank" to no avail, I used a competitor to TT, FreeTaxUSA.com.   Had to spend about an hour reentering everything, both printed returns were identical and IRS accepted their efile in 10 minutes.  

I believe your options are mail as TT says or use a competitor, and efile.

Good luck! 

I have obtained the Account Transcript from the IRS and have verified the number is accurate. But it is still being rejected HELP!!!

I have been using TT for years, but maybe it's time to look around...

Did you see my earlier post? Check if last year's AGI  AS SHOWN ON BOTH FORMS called Two Year Comparison and Tax History matches what you are trying to submit.  If not CHANGE these entries. You may have to right click and OVERRIDE one or both. Turns out these are the numbers TurboTax is filing for you instead of what you enter in the "correction" box. Come on Intuit! Fix this.

Did you see my earlier post? Check if last year's AGI  AS SHOWN ON BOTH FORMS called Two Year Comparison and Tax History matches what you are trying to submit.  If not CHANGE these entries. You may have to right click and OVERRIDE one or both. Turns out these are the numbers TurboTax is filing for you instead of what you enter in the "correction" box. Come on Intuit! Fix this.

Lane,

Did you do this online? If so where?  The online version which is what most people have issue with, TT does not have a way to edit the actual forms.

Sorry no. I used the Windows downloaded version. Guess you will have to lean on Intuit to fix this bug.  Turbotax is sending a 2018 AGI it picked up from somewhere - presumably from an imported file other than the final draft you filed - and is sending that along with the eFile instead of what you are trying to submit.

Lane, The 2018 AGI on the two forms you mentioned already match the entry to be submitted as a response to the rejection.  The supposed fix is to enter the AGI for my late wife, but we have filed jointly for 42 years and she has no separate AGI. 

John

Howard I am sorry this fix does not apply to your case, and sorry to hear of your loss.  I agree that there is no such thing as a spouse's AGI on a joint return (and shame on either TurboTax or IRS for reporting the error this way! Both of them know you filed jointly last year.) I assume you have logged on at IRS.gov to check their records match too.  Best of luck to you -

Cashismybaby1217
Returning Member

I entered 0 as well because there was no claim filed in 2018.  The message says:  IND-031-04 The Primary taxpayer's AGI or Self-select PIN from last year does not match IRS records.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies