Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My tax return was rejected and I have my 2020 agi do I need this correct to get my stimulus ? It’s only asking me for a 2019 agi which is coming up incorrectly

I need a Top professional to help me fix my taxes with Irs cause every year their is something wrong and nothing is fixed
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

My tax return was rejected and I have my 2020 agi do I need this correct to get my stimulus ? It’s only asking me for a 2019 agi which is coming up incorrectly

Fetch your original 2019 AGI number to e-File now.

A common problem is IRS rejects your submission because it does not like the number.

This has been shown in cases to be a TurboTax bug

IRS Today

Good Morning,

I am helping my grandfather with his 2020 taxes.  We e-filed and was immediately rejected due to incorrect AGI.  After a couple days he received a refund because there was a correction made on his 2019 taxes. So when we input AGI for 2020 taxes we have the wrong AGI.  I would really appreciate a call response as I will be on the phone with him when an agent calls.  My phone number is [phone number removed].  

Thank you 

Angeleen W.

for

Leo S.

ToddL99
Expert Alumni

No one is going to be able to call you through a request in this forum, or to provide you with any information from a taxpayer's return (e.g. AGI).

Because today is the filing and payment deadline, you will probably need to print and file the return by mail (see below)

If you are getting an e-file reject, here are a few possible reasons that might be happening and your options: 

If you: 

• Filed late last year after mid-November or your return was processed after that time—try entering 0. 

• Amended your return last year—make sure you’re using the AGI from your original return, not the amended one. (If you only have a 1040X form, it’s on line 1, column A) 

• Rounded your AGI to the nearest dollar—be sure to round up when it’s 50 cents or more, and down when it’s 49 cents or less. 

• Filed with your spouse last year—you and your spouse have the same 2019 AGI. (Don’t split the AGI amount or enter 0 for one of you) 

If you’re still having trouble, we suggest that you check with the IRS to make sure that the copy of your return is the same as what they have in their records. To do this, you can order a tax return transcript.  

If you’ve tried everything and nothing works, you can still file a paper return by printing out copies of your federal and state returns and mailing them. We’ll include File by Mail Instructions on where to send your returns and what forms, if any, you need to include. 

culyons

My return has been rejected.  It asks for my AGI from my 2020 form which is $133,160.00,

but it stated as incorrect.  Please help.  Thank you.  [phone number removed] 

Try entering 0 for the AGI.  The IRS took a long time to process returns last year so the AGI didn't get entered in the database in time.  If zero doesn't work you will have to print and mail your return.

I need my AGI for 2020

@Kraekarley18  wrote:

I need my AGI for 2020

The 2020 AGI is on the 2020 Federal tax return Form 1040 Line 11

To access your prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the section Your tax returns & documents.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

If you used the desktop CD/Download editions installed on your computer, the only copy of your tax data file and any PDF's will be on the computer where the return was created.  TurboTax does not store online any returns completed using the desktop editions.

Or go to this IRS website for free federal tax return transcripts - https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

For a fee of $43 you can get a complete federal tax return from the IRS by completing Form 4506 - http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506.pdf

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies