Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My schedule E will not load. Everything else works. But when I try to open that it will not open. I am using Chrome, tried clearing my cache, and tried on other devices.

The spinning "Load" circle spins endlessly.  ONLY when I click schedule E. Everything else loads right away.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

My schedule E will not load. Everything else works. But when I try to open that it will not open. I am using Chrome, tried clearing my cache, and tried on other devices.

If you are having issues and need assistance, please contact customer support. Please see the Customer Support phone number below:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

If you would like to reach out through our website, please see the TurboTax FAQ below for contact information: https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
arasumohan
Returning Member

Called customer service first before I came here. They opened a ticket and then closed it without resolution.

arasumohan
Returning Member

Solution is clear and start over!

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

Let's first try clearing your browser's  cache and cookies or using a different browser to see if this allows you to proceed with loading the form.

If the above doesn't work, refer to the following Help Article to delete the form: How do I view and delete forms in TurboTax Online? 

Then, re-add the form by searching for "Schedule E" and clicking the "Jump to Schedule E" link in the search results.  This will take you back to the interview questions to fill out your Schedule E again.

Seriously!!!!  Did you happen to find any other solution! This is terrible, if I have to clear and start over it certainly will NOT be with turbotax again.  Horrible service and unacceptable to have a glitch like this in something so common for filers.

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

If you are unable to upload the rental schedules file please click here to contact customer support

Just some additional information about deducting rental expenses.

The IRS lets you deduct ordinary and necessary expenses required to manage, conserve, or maintain property that you rent to others. You're allowed to deduct these expenses if your property is vacant, as long as you're trying to rent it.

Expenses must be deducted in the year they are paid. For example, if a pest-control company serviced your rental in 2020 but you didn't pay them until early 2021, you'd deduct that expense on your 2021 tax return.

Deductible expenses include, but are not limited to:

• Cleaning and cleaning supplies
  • Maintenance and related supplies
  • Repairs
  • Utilities
  • Insurance
  • Travel to and from the property
  • Management fees
  • Legal and professional fees
  • Commissions
  • Taxes and tax return preparation
  • Lease cancelation costs
  • Advertising
  • Real estate taxes
  • Mortgage interest
    • Refinance fees and mortgage points are entered in the Assets/Depreciation section instead of the Expenses section. The IRS considers these "amortizable intangibles" which means they must be expenses over the projected life of the asset (or amortized). These don't get expensed or depreciated like tangible assets.
arasumohan
Returning Member

Yes, I had to delete everything and start again. I'm doing it one form at a time so that I don't feel overwhelmed. 

If I get stuck again then I'll have to find an alternative ofcourse. 

Good thing is that I'll go faster this time!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies