Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My return was rejected due to FED_Taxable_Inherited_IRA but I did not inherit an IRA.

I have just tried this today and will see what happens -🤞

My return was rejected due to FED_Taxable_Inherited_IRA but I did not inherit an IRA.

Using on-line version of Premier, I refiled today and our federal tax return was accepted (after two previous rejections a few days ago). So TT must have  fixed some software bug. I did not have to go back and change anything. Best wishes to all (and this thread has been very helpful).

I just received confirmation that mine was accepted...so it looks like the issue has been addressed.

I did not make any changes. Just waited the couple of days that was advices by Turbo Tax and it went thru just fine.  Just took a little patience 😊

My financial advisor filed in early February and his was accepted.  He thought we could delete and reupload numbers to fix mine, but it didn’t. Waiting for patch! 

metameta
Returning Member

same exact issue /error code, even their form for TIRA conversion is faulty/incomplete with no reasonable explanation. Is turbotax even listening to all these people's issues? dont see no reply from TT in forum. worst experience this year so far with TT.

above messages indicate that problem seems to have fixed. I just filed today first time and rejected as well, unsure if software is fixed?

After being rejected twice (2/26 and 3/1) I just resubmitted mine (online version).  After 17 mins it was accepted.  I didn’t change anything.  

***Problem solved!

metameta
Returning Member

how many times you can submit with hope that they will just send back for fix?, I am wondering if they will just sent notice instead of sending it back.

moneymill
Returning Member

Update: I deleted my 1099-R forms, then manually re entered them and resubmitted, and then it was ACCEPTED within one hour. No changes from my first rejected tax return document vs my second accepted tax return. So deleting and re entering 1099s may not be necessary. But either way, SUCCESS!

tk1225
Returning Member

Refiled after the update earlier today and got rejected within two hours.

Manually deleted 1099-R and 8606. Re-entered 1099-R and resubmitted and IRS accepted in less than an hour.

Did not change anything else. TT Premier desktop on Mac.

My federal return finally accepted.  State is pending.  I deleted three 1099Rs and reentered all of them.  Refiled and almost immediately got the acceptance .  A "big" $10 tax difference in IRS's favor.  Good luck to the rest of you.

Right--- I had success too/ fed return accepted.  Desktop file.  I didn't delete all my 1099R's (I had five of them) but I did pull them all up, re-check each one against hard-copy, answered all the questions.

I did a line-by-line compare of my two Form 8606's for rejected vs accepted PDF files- I can't see the difference.

It may well be that--- the bug/error is not obvious and is either (a) somewhere associated with the code that gets executed when you answer questions, or (b) on the server side between TT and IRS--- the XML or whatever datafile that gets sent by TT to IRS in the efile.

Hard to tell.  I can't see that I did much different other than wait until the March 4th update, go thru them, submit.  10 minutes of work, and like 1 hour later accepted.  Whew.  I've been using Turbotax for--- over 20 years, and never had this level of problem.

Thanks to all on forum for the help and helping us get through this.  Admittedly Turbotax didn't help much (ok, the fixed the bug), but the other taxpayers helped a lot!

Running Premier (download) on a Mac. I installed the updates at 2pm and resubmitted. I was rejected 3 hrs  later. About an hr ago I erased by 1099-R, revisited the "easy-steps" for IRA, submitted and federal was just accepted. 

I am not sure if it was re-uploading the 1099-R or simply time that solved the issue...

NCC2
Level 2

Running online version of Live Premier, didn't bother deleting or reinputting anything manually, just resubmitted less than an hour ago and just got text that my return was accepted. (9:08 p.m. on 3/4/21). Using Chrome on a Windows 10 PC (was also using Chrome when it was rejected on 3/1).

Mine was also just accepted.  I didn't re-enter or do anything differently, just re-submitted and it worked, which suggests to me it was just a software / interface issue.

As noted above, I had already applied March 4 updates to TT Premium desktop, stepped through the IRA distribution dialog step-by-step and efiled this morning. Was rejected about six hours later. After reading the success stories here, I efiled the exact same return without doing anything other than file again. Accepted.

So whatever the issue was happened in the TT efiling interface with IRS on one side or the other.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies