Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My return was rejected due to FED_Taxable_Inherited_IRA but I did not inherit an IRA.

After checking with the supervisor they said to call back on March 6 and ask for a CPA. (THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!!) Why in the heck can't they send the hundreds (if not thousands) of people that got this rejection email a notice when THEY have it corrected. 

This sounds like they are talking bullsh!t.  I hope they just made that up to get on to the next caller, or are mistaking our issue for one that actually does involve inherited IRAs.

And I agree about making some statement. The least they could do is notify the people on record as having opened a support case on this issue and being entitled to Premier level customer service!

My return was rejected due to FED_Taxable_Inherited_IRA but I did not inherit an IRA.

If TT has not resolved this issue by 3/5/21, I will be contacting an attorney seeking a class action law suit for failure to deliver and breach of contact. I recommend others do the same.

It's actually shocking that TT hasn't come out and acknowledged the issue, given how widespread it seems to be, and given that you don't encounter the issue until after they've collected $ from you. I'd be happy even if they just said "we're aware of the issue, and we're working on a fix coming soon". It really doesn't take much, just don't keep your paying customers completely in the dark. I've been generally happy with TT for years leading up to this point, but this is making me rethink my filing method for next year.

Bekmmead
Returning Member

I had the same problem because I did not have a taxable inherited IRA.  Is this a turbo tax problem ?

Is this a turbo tax problem ?

We don't have enough information to determine whether this is a problem with Turbotax software or with the IRS's efiling interface. But either way, it is Turbotax's responsibility to pursue getting it resolved. This isn't something customers are doing wrong.

True but we can't wait forever.  I can't find any indications that customers of other software companies HR Block, Tax Act, etc are having the same problem.  Seems likely the problem is with TT software, bug or something.  Only option is to wait or switch to file by mail which further delays process and refunds. 

I have been with TT for many years now.  A few glitches over the years but nothing like this.  I am very disappointed at what seems to me TT's casual attitude re this problem.  They should absolutely acknowledge and communicate with customers.  I am waiting until 5 March.  If no action by TT I will switch to file by mail and find another provider next year.  I spent over an hour on phone waiting and with a TT rep.  No help.

Dang! The one year when I tried to file early coz of a substantial refund, they mess up this bad. Hope they fix it by March 5

yea if anyone knows the best (easiest) way to contact TurboTax in a group fashion and let them know how insane this is that would be great. I wrote a FB message since getting on the phone doesnt do anything. Already switched over to another service for this year but really irritates me that TT gets to rake in money without dealing with their own bugs and make you jump through hoops to get an answer to your question (or pay $$$). There should be some consequences for how they handled this. 

This isn't the first time TurboTax has had a massive screw-up.  For example, in 2015 they removed support for Schedules C, D, and E from the desktop Deluxe edition without telling anyone.  Then they charged extra for adding those schedules back in.  After purchasers raised hell about it they offered a $25 rebate on the extra amount paid and backed off by including the missing schedules the next year.

Same here. No inherited. I did have some roll overs from 401K/pension. Checked the forms 1099 - inherited ira is not selected in any of them. Turbo tax bug. Lets wait to re-efile after March 5.  

This isn't the first time TurboTax has had a massive screw-up. 

Yeah, this problem kind of pales in comparison to the year when they installed root kit malware on everyone's PC causing, among other problems, everyone's optical drives to stop working. But we digress.

LostPilot
Returning Member

Me too. Filed early morning on Mar 2 and just got the rejection: Reason was FED_Taxable_Inherited_IRA. 

TurboTax fix me advice is to wait until 3/5 when the fix it.

Same message--return rejected due to FED Taxable Inherited IRA.  I redid the information for the Inherited IRA we did include and was rejected a second time.  Turbo Tax promised to walk me through the return to correct the "error" but there was no walk-through, no information, and no suggested changes, just a notice to refile now.

Same - pretty confusing that they give no help here but give the option to re-file

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies