turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My return was rejected because of my Form 8962 I was told there was a processing error and I will have to wait until 2/3/2022 to refile. Is this error due to turbotax?

Everything was inputted correctly on my part.

UPDATE:

I resubmitted mine on Wednesday 2/2/2022 and it was accepted. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
TeresaM
Expert Alumni

My return was rejected because of my Form 8962 I was told there was a processing error and I will have to wait until 2/3/2022 to refile. Is this error due to turbotax?

Error message F8962-006-01 is a code from the IRS to explain the rejection. It does refer to Form 8962, which reconciles the Advanced Premium Tax Credit from your Form 1095-A

Our information for this code is "This return cannot be electronically filed at this time due to a processing error that will be corrected on February 3, 2022. On, or after February 3, 2022, open the rejected return, review it for errors, and resubmit the return for electronic filing."

The IRS just began accepting e-filed returns on Jan 24th and this early in the season it is not uncommon for there to be updates.  Please review the 1095-A area in your return, after February 3rd, when the updates should be in place. Then, refile and it should be accepted.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

102 Replies
Vanessa A
Expert Alumni

What was the error code?

Same thing here!! Error code F8962 006-01

TeresaM
Expert Alumni

Error message F8962-006-01 is a code from the IRS to explain the rejection. It does refer to Form 8962, which reconciles the Advanced Premium Tax Credit from your Form 1095-A

Our information for this code is "This return cannot be electronically filed at this time due to a processing error that will be corrected on February 3, 2022. On, or after February 3, 2022, open the rejected return, review it for errors, and resubmit the return for electronic filing."

The IRS just began accepting e-filed returns on Jan 24th and this early in the season it is not uncommon for there to be updates.  Please review the 1095-A area in your return, after February 3rd, when the updates should be in place. Then, refile and it should be accepted.

Just like everyone else mentioned it was code:

F8962-006-01 - If Form 8962, Line 1 'TotalExemptionsCnt' has a non-zero value, then Line 5 'FederalPovertyLevelPct' must be equal to Line 3 'HouseholdIncomeAmt' divided by Line 4 'PovertyLevelAmt'.

Thank you

I received this same rejection. 

Wow second time commenting.  This is ridiculous not only me but several others with the same problem.  Was wanting a tax advance because of car problems and can't even get my taxes to go through right. I file with turbo tax every year but this year not only was I charged 209. I can't even get my taxes to be accepted because of TotalExemptionsCnt' has a non-zero value, then Line 5 'FederalPovertyLevelPct' must be equal to Line 3. Now your saying February 3rd ! Wow could have went to Jackson Hewitt or HNR block and had a advance by now and paid the same . 209dollars for what !?!? Online assistance that can't even help because it's your system.  Like wow refund me half my money back 

I am in the same boat. I gave TurboTax almost $200 to file these taxes. I am in dire need of my refund, as I am losing my apartment at the end of the month. I've called TurboTax several times before finally getting this code and no one could help me.

TurboTax, is this error on YOUR end or the IRS'? I am assuming it's on your end since I can't find anything online pertaining to this issue with any other tax softwares.

Please help all of us and let us know exactly what is going to be fixed on Feb. 3 so that we can be assured our returns will not be rejected again.

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Please follow the instructions in the thread here.  The return can be filed once everything is updated.  We apologize for the delay.  

TurboTax, the link you provided has nothing to do with the error this thread is referring to.

I'm thinking this is an error on their end because he hasn't happened to anyone else that filed 1095-A. 

TeresaM
Expert Alumni

If you have a different reject code, please let us know as this will help in determining the reason.

Glad to know I’m not the only one in this situation even though I’m still very upset. I have been using turbo tax for 10 years plus and never have I been rejected twice or had to pay to file my taxes through them. I also filed through them this year because of the tax advance which I needed only to be rejected and have to wait for an error that was not due to any fault of mine. I can only hope that on February 3 I won’t be rejected 2 days later when I try to efile. This is crazy. I have never had such a hard time filing ever. Very disappointing if this is an error on turbo tax end. Don’t think I will use them anymore after this year 

I have been rejected 3 times. Never in my life have I ever been rejected. It is ridiculous to have to pay for something that is not working right. I filed Jan 15th... could have been ahead of the rush like I am every year! We should not be charged for a service that has been broken!

I have used Turbo Tax the last 3 years. This year y'all have really done a disservice to your customers. 

If it is a system error, then how do you know that Feb. 3rd it will be fixed? A certain date. Sounds a little off to me. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies