turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My return keeps getting denied because of my Georgia return . Is there a way I can just delete Georgia return because I did not receive any income for Georgia

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

My return keeps getting denied because of my Georgia return . Is there a way I can just delete Georgia return because I did not receive any income for Georgia

Are you a Georgia resident? If you did not receive income for there, why are you filing a state return?

Yes I am a Georgia resident .

AlanT222
Expert Alumni

Yes, you can delete your state return in TurboTax Online as long as you haven't paid or registered yet.

1. Sign in and open your return if you don't already have it open.
  2. From the left menu, select State (if you don't see this menu, select the menu icon in the upper-left) and then select Continue on the Let's get your state taxes done right screen.
  3. On the Status of your state returns screen select Delete to the right of your state, then answer Yes.

If you don't see the option to delete your state (you'll probably see Edit instead), you've already paid your TurboTax fees (including the state fee) or registered your free version while the state was on your return. If you've done either of these things, you can't delete your state return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
George1945
Returning Member

No longer a resident but I was last year

Irene2805
Expert Alumni

If you did not have any Georgia-sourced income, you do not have to file a GA return.

TurboTax CD/Download

1. When you are in the federal return, click on File (in the black bar at the top of the screen) > Remove State Return. 
  2. A list of state returns currently in the return will appear.  Click on the one you want to delete to highlight it and click Remove. 

TurboTax Online

You can delete your TurboTax Online state return as long as you haven't paid for it yet (or registered in a free version):

1. Sign in to your return, if you're not already signed in.
  2. Click State Taxes near the top of your screen and proceed to the Status of Your State Returns screen.
  3. On that screen, click the Delete link right next to the Edit button, and then answer Yes

If you don't see the Edit or Delete button on the Status of Your State Returns screen and haven't paid or registered, please do the following:

1. Click State Taxes.
  2. Proceed to the Status of Your Returns screen.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies