turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My return is continually freezing on check this entry when attempting to submit. I used robinhood to upload the forms so idk why I would have to check anything

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

61 Replies
CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

My return is continually freezing on check this entry when attempting to submit. I used robinhood to upload the forms so idk why I would have to check anything

If you are stuck on a screen or it is blank in TurboTax you may need to log out and restart your computer, then log back in, or try another browser. You may need to clear your cache and cookies. Please see these TurboTax FAQ's for information on how to clear your cache and cookies:

To clear your cache use this TurboTax FAQ:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/troubleshooting/help/how-to-clear-your-cache/00/26135

To clear your cookies use this TurboTax FAQ:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/troubleshooting/help/how-do-i-delete-cookies/00/25978

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

That's not it at all. I work IT for reference. It's happening on multiple devices and browsers. 

It freezes here.

"Check This Entry

form 1099-b worksheet (robinhood securities LLC) cost/basis not reported applies only to a transaction reported on 1099-b, Do not enter for 47010C409 Jaguar health inc common st ock 0"  then there is absolutely nothing to do but hit continue, which then brings me back to the same page. 

Figure it out? Mines doing same thing.

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

If you have any cryptocurrency, it should reported in a different section. 

If this is the case, I suggest deleting the Robinhood import and splitting out any portion that is cryptocurrency.

If you had cryptocurrency, click to read more in this short video and article about entering cryptocurrency details.

Jaguar Health, Inc. did announce a 1 for 70 reverse stock split mid-year for 2019 which may better be reported yourself rather than the import.

To anyone experiencing this problem, the only solution is to go back to where you import from Robinhood, delete the import and click I'll enter it myself. Then choose "summarize" and fill in the blanks, make sure the capital loss/gains matches the 1099-B, if it doesn't you may have to see if the wash sale was added or subtracted. And then you will have to download the PDF of the 1099-B and add it in when it asks.

Same problem

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

@zachary44 Please see this link, another customer posted a solution to this issue with Robinhood Tax documents.

Kyez

• It's happening to me, too. They just want to prevent us from filing and force us to pay more. What should be simple ia instead something that is impossible. Good job turbotax! You have successfully screwed over the lives of millions of people!

Related to 2020 returns.

This is the route I went with and uploaded the consolidated 1099 pdfs as referenced documents.

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

@taekyunkim You may need to clear your cache and cookies. Make sure your return is saved in your TurboTax account and then sign out. Clear the cache and delete the cookies on your computer, open a new browser, sign back into your account and try entering your information again. You may also want to change browsers, for example, if you are using Chrome, try switching to Firefox.

In addition to clearing your cache and cookies, you want to make sure your operating systems are up-to-date as well.

Please click the following links to learn more:

Using Windows Update to keep your system up-to-date

How to update Mac OS X

I tried this on multiple browsers and multiple computers. I was able to finally get it to load by clicking wait over and over. Then it just cycled back through. I input the data multiple times before I gave up.

Yep. Been trying all day, tried everything & the representatives could care less when you talk to them on the phone. They just repeat the same thing over & over. Also said they would work to resolve it and give me a call back. Havent heard from them in a week. Awesome.

This is happening with ETrade also. I have 745 sales. Am I supposed to manually enter all of them??? I have cleared cookies, etc... I have deleted and uploaded twice. Is Turbotax going to help here? I have been filing with them for several years and never ran into any issues. So frustrated after 4 days of hoping for a fix.

r_1
Level 2

Same problem with TD Ameritrade imported 1099-B. TT keeps freezing browser and loading an illegible (clearly Intuit does zero QA - for years the "tax forms" to "review" and "correct" have been illegible in any browser, on any OS) 1099-B and asking to enter holding period (which it already has) and purchase date (which it also already has) for one security. Keeps cycling endlessly in a loop. It also keeps screwing up the return and keeps constantly increasing the tax due each time the same info is entered and re-entered yet again and again.

Truly shameful how Intuit would release such totally untested product out. Hey Intuit, hire at least one QA person to test before release!

Intuit: when will you fix the 1099-B imported data, that is proper and complete, but you keep blocking returns from filing, and keep constantly increasing tax due upon each "correction" re-entry of the same data on the "Check this entry" page?

BTW, I did go and change it from "Various" purchase date to the last purchase date (no matter what, it's still under 1 year) in the 1099-B section of TT proper. But still, even with the date entered for that one security (there is only one transaction), it still keeps endlessly asking to re-enter it. The loop goes on forever. It also keeps falsely claiming (truly zero QA by Intuit, I don't think Intuit has ever anyone actually try to use TT before releasing it live) that Holding Period must be selected, as apparently Intuit hasn't bothered to program TT to determine it by itself, to know that it's Short term if it's under 1 year, and Long term if it's over 1 year. That, just like the purchase date, it keeps asking to re-enter for the same one transaction over and over and over and over again endlessly in a loop. Used various browsers, computers, mobile devices, etc. Problem is clearly Intuit server side, simply an early alpha product released live. Everyone who's paid for TT and is facing this should get a refund from Intuit to compensate for the time wasted.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies